Respected Contributor
The before and afters are ridiculous. You cannot reduce facial lines with Argan oil. Its a moisturizer.
To be honest, look at Jane. No results there. I wonder what the FTC would think about these claims?
Honored Contributor

As far as I am concerned, oil is not a moisturizer and just sits on your skin looking greasy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie claims are false.

[ Edited ]

Are you bitter because you do not like your wrinkles?  I doubt the FTC cares about any QVC products.

Yes, moisturizers can reduce facial lines, but it is only temporary.  They trap water in the skin and help the skin become more soft and plump.  How long it lasts in the day may depend upon what you do to your skin.  I use moisturizer all the time to keep my skin healthy.  Healthy skin always looks more vibrant and youthful.

Even botox is only a temporary solution for wrinkles. The only thing that is permanent is plastic surgery, but that has its own risks!

Some people have more wrinkles than others--genetics, time in sun, stress, frowning, smoking, etc., etc.

I think Jane looks very good for her age!  She does have rather fair skin, and the cameras magnify everything, so her skin is more noticeable.

Maybe you should watch something else to keep your blood pressure lower (and reduce your wrinkles).

Respected Contributor
What's with your rant? Of course Argan oil is a moisturizer. Do you honestly think it's something else? I use Argan oil daily as a moisturizer - not JM- and its great. If you believe it does anything besides that your flat out wrong. The FTC is definitely interested in false product claims. As a matter of fact, 2 products Q used to sell were removed by the FTC. Sorry, Jane is not a great example of JM claims of ' diminished lines and pumping the skin." What a joke. And PS, youre the one who should calm down. I happen to have low blood pressure....
Honored Contributor

for what it is worth......medical news today website.....

it isnt just josie claiming it and there are tons of articles/websites that recommend argan oil for wrinkles.

Several potential benefits of argan oil center around its effect on a person’s skin. These include:

• Dry skin: Some evidence suggests that argan oil may help treat dry skin by maintaining the skin’s moisture. Researchers found that applying argan oil directly to the skin and consuming argan butter helped to improve skin hydration in people who are postmenopausal.
  • Burns: Using argan oil on skin affected by minor burns may reduce inflammation and help it heal. A study on rats with second-degree burns, scientists found that applying argan oil directly to their skin helped the burns heal. However, further research into its effects on humans is needed. Argan oil can also offer UV protection, which may help prevent sunburn.
  • Signs of aging: Anti-inflammatory qualities of argan oil may help reduce signs of aging when a person takes it orally. Another study found that argan oil may help improve the skin’s elasticity, and therefore reduce physical signs of aging, such as wrinkles.
  • Atopic dermatitis: As argan oil is rich in vitamin e, it may help reduce the inflammation associated with atopic dermatitis. 

Some people use argan oil to treat stretch marks, but there is no research that confirms how effective it is for this purpose.

However, if a person wants to try argan oil for stretch marks, the American Academy of Dermatology Association (AAD) recommends massaging the product daily onto stretch marks as soon as they appear. This may help to make them less noticeable.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Okay, I'm curious to the 2 products that the FTC removed from QVC, not doubting you, just curious. Also, I agree that the FTC is interested in false claims. 

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

Okay, I'm curious to the 2 products that the FTC removed from QVC, not doubting you, just curious. Also, I agree that the FTC is interested in false claims. 

A google search found this and in 2004 cold-eze if you do a google search you will see them 

The agency alleged that QVC violated a 2000 FTC order barring it from making deceptive claims for dietary supplements. According to the Commission, QVC aired approximately 200 programs in which false and unsubstantiated claims were made about For Women Only weight-loss pills; Lite Bites weight-loss food bars and shakes; and Bee-Alive Royal Jelly energy supplements. In addition, the complaint charged that QVC violated Section 5 of the FTC Act by making unsubstantiated claims about Lipofactor Cellulite Target Lotion.

Super Contributor

@ellaphant  - .......... and somehow JT gets thrown under the bus here 

Honored Contributor

Sadly, people believe the claims made by product companies. In the end, it's important to take care of your skin and there are many ways to do that. But nothing except surgery will remove wrinkles and aging....and that's still just temporary.

I prefer to age with grace. I earned every wrinkle and gray hair. You won't find me smothered in products. But I do care for my skin.  

Trusted Contributor

I have seen you complain in numerous Josie threads. I honestly don't understand why you aggravate yourself by watching her shows.