Trusted Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Note the wording:  appears to, study participants said, most of all the size of study......

Best of, absorbs instantly!

I will say her products do absorb pretty quickly for me. I have learned a small amount goes a long way and that is the difference between absorption and laying on top of your skin.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

That's rather a snappy response.

Moisturizers do plump the skin and help skin look better only if you're using other products to prep the skin first. A moisturizer or oil alone will not give results.

FYI, plastic surgery (face lift) may pull the skin tighter, but the wrinkled skin will still be there. A good surgeon will put you on a intensive skincare routine for months before the procedure. Even then, deeper wrinkles cannot be erased without laser resurfacing and or fillers in every wrinkle.

Re: Jane T. Yes she has fair skin and may have heredity to blame for wrinkled skin, frequent sun exposure or changing so many skin routines presented on Q. 

I think JT is in her 60's and I'm going to be 75 next month and 90% wrinkle free (a few crows feet and a bit of volume loss starting on my neck), other than that zero wrinkling....BUT I've have been fortunate enough to have the knowledge from an early age to stay out of the sun, Retin A since age about 35, Vit. C and high SPF rain or shine, moisturizers , facials and good quality cleansers and acids... Also a satin pillow case and sleeping on your back. 

If you don't take care of your skin daily and nightly along the way, you'll have wrinkles and sagging as you age. It's inevitable.

Hate to burst your bubble, I've had cosmetic surgery - so has a friend of mine - it does indeed remove wrinkles. JM claims her product will remove wrinkles as do her before and after photos. All nonsense.

Honored Contributor

I think different things work for different people.

Until not that long ago I never used anything on my skin except an inexpensive sunscreen. I have never used a serum, or AHA/BHA, or anything like that. I AM under a dermatologist's care and I take a mild prescription for rosacea.

When the Clarisonic was popular here I ordered one without checking with her first. When I told her she told me she would rather I didn't use it.

I started using Josie's Milk, and my skin looked and felt better. She was OK with that. She's also OK with the rice powder (for sensitive skin) I use every morning. 

So obviously I think Milk has made a difference for me. Maybe it's psychological, but I think my skin looks so much better. 

Years ago my late mother had shingles on her forehead. Her doctor told her to use Vitamin E cream. She still had a tiny scar, but compared to what it looked like at first, it erased almost everything.

Mom gave those jars to everyone. So when I was expecting, she bought me a jar right away to prevent stretch marks. I rubbed it on my stomach every morning and night. I have no stretch marks.

It may not work for someone else, but it did for me!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wifey2qt wrote:

@ellaphant  - .......... and somehow JT gets thrown under the bus here 

So many of these threads are just vehicles to knock Jane.

Jane has a Celtic complexion and she seems to have lived a life of joy and she traveled extensively. She looks exactly how a 60 year old woman would look with a lot of sun exposure. I once read what we hate in ourselves, we hate in someone else. I bet if half the critics of Jane did her job, they would see how wrinkles, spots etc they had themselves with HD television. Keeping it real....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Josie claims are false.

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@wifey2qt wrote:

Jane has a Celtic complexion and she seems to have lived a life of joy and she traveled extensively. She looks exactly how a 60 year old woman would look with a lot of sun exposure. I once read what we hate in ourselves, we hate in someone else. I bet if half the critics of Jane did her job, they would see how wrinkles, spots etc they had themselves with HD television. Keeping it real....

I look in the mirror daily. I see what I have. I am not a Jane basher. I don't even have cable. I have the attention of a gnat. I am a TikTok girl give me info in under a minute and move on. I cannot sit through endless, silly presentations.  I check the guide each night and see the daily offerings. If it is something that interests me I check out the video. 

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

That's rather a snappy response.

Moisturizers do plump the skin and help skin look better only if you're using other products to prep the skin first. A moisturizer or oil alone will not give results.

FYI, plastic surgery (face lift) may pull the skin tighter, but the wrinkled skin will still be there. A good surgeon will put you on a intensive skincare routine for months before the procedure. Even then, deeper wrinkles cannot be erased without laser resurfacing and or fillers in every wrinkle.

Re: Jane T. Yes she has fair skin and may have heredity to blame for wrinkled skin, frequent sun exposure or changing so many skin routines presented on Q. 

I think JT is in her 60's and I'm going to be 75 next month and 90% wrinkle free (a few crows feet and a bit of volume loss starting on my neck), other than that zero wrinkling....BUT I've have been fortunate enough to have the knowledge from an early age to stay out of the sun, Retin A since age about 35, Vit. C and high SPF rain or shine, moisturizers , facials and good quality cleansers and acids... Also a satin pillow case and sleeping on your back. 

If you don't take care of your skin daily and nightly along the way, you'll have wrinkles and sagging as you age. It's inevitable.

Hate to burst your bubble, I've had cosmetic surgery - so has a friend of mine - it does indeed remove wrinkles. JM claims her product will remove wrinkles as do her before and after photos. All nonsense.

I will disagree, I had a consult with a top plastic surgeon for a facelift. He told me after  the lift I would need a laser so deep estheticians can't even use it and a TCA peel. Even then he couldn't guarantee the wrinkles would be gone. 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:
The before and afters are ridiculous. You cannot reduce facial lines with Argan oil. Its a moisturizer.
To be honest, look at Jane. No results there. I wonder what the FTC would think about these claims?

@ellaphant 

Yes, you can temporarily REDUCE lines with a good moisturizer, but you cannot ELIMINATE them.

To eliminate wrinkles, other means need to be used .... retin A or some other similar product that have come out.  Dermabrasion, etc.

Depends if you want short term, long term or permanent, and how much you can spend.  Well, "permanent" until your skin starts to wrinkle again.  

To my knowledge, NO ONE has yet figured out how to eliminate gravity ... LOL  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

I have seen you complain in numerous Josie threads. I honestly don't understand why you aggravate yourself by watching her shows. 

My thoughts exactly!

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:
The before and afters are ridiculous. You cannot reduce facial lines with Argan oil. Its a moisturizer.
To be honest, look at Jane. No results there. I wonder what the FTC would think about these claims?

@ellaphant  I've never heard Josie say anything but Argan oil  will reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

I don't believe that there is a product on the market that will reduce facial lines completely, but, I do know that I use the body butter, and at 75, when I go for my yearly cancer screening the Doctor always tells me my skin is very healthy for my age.  

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@wifey2qt wrote:

Jane does not have Celtic complexion. Her father had an Italian heritage. Her mother was not of Irish descent. Nothing wrong w her presenting beauty products but dont say they will bring great results ( after she points to ridiculous before and afters ) and insist you will see results in a week!  If that were true we'd see results on Jane. Which we don't.