Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Sadly, people believe the claims made by product companies. In the end, it's important to take care of your skin and there are many ways to do that. But nothing except surgery will remove wrinkles and aging....and that's still just temporary.

I prefer to age with grace. I earned every wrinkle and gray hair. You won't find me smothered in products. But I do care for my skin.  

With today's technology surgery is not the only option. Just because a person chooses to use those options doesn't mean they are not aging gracefully. 

Honored Contributor

Most of the skin care products companies lie.yet we still buy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I never watch or buy any of the snake oil treatments from any vendor.

Esteemed Contributor

My take on this is that not all oils are the same.  Argan oil and Beekman oil doesn't sit on the skin, the skin absorbs it therefore benefiting from it.  I love the Beekman milk oil, it certainly makes my skin glow!   I don't have a lot of wrinkles but I dab around my eyes and it does help the area.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie claims are false.

[ Edited ]

That's rather a snappy response.

Moisturizers do plump the skin and help skin look better only if you're using other products to prep the skin first. A moisturizer or oil alone will not give results.

FYI, plastic surgery (face lift) may pull the skin tighter, but the wrinkled skin will still be there. A good surgeon will put you on a intensive skincare routine for months before the procedure. Even then, deeper wrinkles cannot be erased without laser resurfacing and or fillers in every wrinkle.

Re: Jane T. Yes she has fair skin and may have heredity to blame for wrinkled skin, frequent sun exposure or changing so many skin routines presented on Q. 

I think JT is in her 60's and I'm going to be 75 next month and 90% wrinkle free (a few crows feet and a bit of volume loss starting on my neck), other than that zero wrinkling....BUT I've have been fortunate enough to have the knowledge from an early age to stay out of the sun, Retin A since age about 35, Vit. C and high SPF rain or shine, moisturizers , facials and good quality cleansers and acids... Also a satin pillow case and sleeping on your back. 

If you don't take care of your skin daily and nightly along the way, you'll have wrinkles and sagging as you age. It's inevitable.

Respected Contributor

I don't know what I would do without argan oil because of my extremely dry skin.  

I apply argan oil after cleansing, wait about 10 minutes and then apply moisturizer.  It helps my dry skin so much.

Argan oil does more for me than just using moisturizer alone.  We're all different though and should use what works for you.  

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant  "Sorry, Jane is not a great example of JM claims of diminished lines and pumping the skin."   Agree with that statement.  IMO, she looks a lot older than what she says she is.  Shouldn't be doing "beauty" shows at all.

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@ellaphant  "Sorry, Jane is not a great example of JM claims of diminished lines and pumping the skin."   Agree with that statement.  IMO, she looks a lot older than what she says she is.  Shouldn't be doing "beauty" shows at all.

I do agree with you on this. She does not look like someone who has taken care of her skin. While I am a live and let live person, Jane has the money and resources to the best skincare and technologies. I know this is a personal choice but she is supposed to be a professional on TV. I would expect her to be held to a higher standard.

Valued Contributor

Re: Josie claims are false.

[ Edited ]

This is not about Jane and your definition of beautiful.  It is about Argan Oil. We all have opinions of what is beautiful, and if Jane can push a product and still exude all the confidence she has, then so be it. Don't like her don't watch. Plenty to buy online and elsewhere.  I am no fan whatsoever of her hosting (and I don't watch her ) or her family updates on the minute, but attacking her age or just her skin is too much even for me. People are lucky to get old(er).  Not everyone does. So think about that, realize how silly comments about someone else's wrinkles are, and how it does not make a bit of difference in making the world a better place. How many people would physically walk up to a stranger and say "You have horrible wrinkles, why are you selling moisturizer at a cosmetics counter?" OR, "Why are you buying the newest moisturizer trend, you already have wrinkles it is too late for you." 

I like Argan Oil, but can only use in fall and winter on my face.  The body butter I use every-single day 365. When I was preg. I used (body butter) on my belly because I do not like Shea, and it worked wonders... not a stretch mark to be found. But, I cannot of course confirm this will work for everyone, it could have just been my skin, I was older though and not some 20something with bouncy skin.

Esteemed Contributor

Note the wording:  appears to, study participants said, most of all the size of study......

Best of, absorbs instantly!