Respected Contributor

Re: Josie and the Qs false advertising

@livsmommy wrote:

It took me many many years to catch on that they are actors.  And it cost me tons of money as well.  Every single show host, minus a few, do backflips and handstands and practically salivate when pushing a product.  You'll NEVER see results in 30 days using any given beauty/anti-aging product.  I fell for it for the past 20 years.  There is not a brand that I haven't bought on QVC including Josie Maran's products. Can't blame anyone but myself for using her products for the past 6 years and not seeing anything at all but soft skin. Wrinkles haven't diminished.....no juicy skin that she talks about in every single segment.  I'm DONE.  I completely agree with the smart women who touted "RETIN A".  

Agree 100%. My late father was a surgeon and explained the skin aging process and why there is no magic potion. I had my upper eyelids done and 

Nothing would have helped them!

I also use filler in my mouth to chin lines. 

Results for both perfectly natural. 

I don't waste money on phony claims by the entire beauty industry.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
If all of these products perform miracles on the skin, then why do so many hosts and reps get cosmetic surgery? I don't know how some people can believe these false sale pitches.

@Steffdoggy10   I look at it this way: If Q's products are that good, why do some of the older Hosts look older then they are??  JT who claims to use everything she is selling is a good example.   

i think JT looks great at 60!

i think we all know that looking good is a combination of a lot of things.....taking care of your overall health, skincare, makeup, habits, environment, and genes/heredity.

Jane T. is an attractive lady, but has spent many years in the sun.  She's even said so herself.  Close up, the damage is evident.

Honored Contributor

Every skin care line boasts miracles. My dermatologist said the basics are needed - cleanse, moisturize/serum, sun protection, and exfoliating (for me, once a week). Some products might slow or temporarily hide some damage to skin but only surgery is (somewhat) guaranteed. 

Contributor

The one I have always found most interesting is the WEN product shows.  The befores & afters are just too ridiculous.  If WEN is such a miracle product, then why are the models hairstyles so messy, frizzy and otherwise "normal" on any other presentation?  It is only during the WEN presentation that their hair looks "perfect", because someone first  shampooed & professionally styled it.  Same results can be had and have been had by using just about any other hair product QVC sells, not to mention anything I buy at Target or ULTA.  I have purchased WEN shampoo/conditioners and no, it is no where near a "miracle" product.  It's also extremely expensive (no, there are no appreciable savings here by buying one product to replace two- gimme a break).  So, talk about false advertising???!!!

Contributor

Ha, ha!  You got that right!!!!!

Super Contributor

I started using Josie's face butter and 2 months later I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and she gushed, "OMG, what have you been doing? Cuz your skin looks AMAZING!" Never had a compliment on my skin before, so I'm thinking the face butter must be helping. Mostly I just love it for the feel in my hands and on my face and it smells great and absorbs perfectly without feeling greasy. If it makes me look better, that's just a plus. I turned 60 today, but look about 50, mostly due to good genes and avoiding smoking and alcohol. Thanks for all the good recommendations for cheaper similar beauty products, but for now I'm sticking to Josie's face butter and body butter because I enjoy it so much.
Trusted Contributor

I want to like Josie but her stuff is way overpriced and she always looks like an oily mess.  Good ole water and lots of it gives good skin and hydration.  I like my line between my eyebrows that I have earned being 65 this year Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
If all of these products perform miracles on the skin, then why do so many hosts and reps get cosmetic surgery? I don't know how some people can believe these false sale pitches.

@Steffdoggy10   I look at it this way: If Q's products are that good, why do some of the older Hosts look older then they are??  JT who claims to use everything she is selling is a good example.   

i think JT looks great at 60!

i think we all know that looking good is a combination of a lot of things.....taking care of your overall health, skincare, makeup, habits, environment, and genes/heredity.

HARDLY. JT has LOTS of wrinkles under her eyes and LOTS of crowsfeet. She DEFINTELY looks her age and MORE.

@layla2450   I agree.  Looks 10 years older then she is.

Trusted Contributor

I personally will never buy anything for wrinkles or the face.All the vendors say things that are not true.I know they are making money,but I am not one person who believes what they say.

Honored Contributor

I've said this many times. I worked w/a scientist that developed skin care. He said the secret of good skin is :

Don't smoke

Stay outa the sun 

Look at your ancestors.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.