Respected Contributor

I saw an ad on face book advertising Jim Shore items 75% off with a note from Jim himself saying he was closing his online store.  He wrote business decision since they never recouped losses since Covid.  Sad to see.  I imagine business is down because his creations do not really appeal to the younger generation (younger than seniors).  I have enjoyed his pieces over the years and am sorry to see it end.  I guess nothing lasts forever and I wish him well.  I don't think the ad was a scam but I could be wrong.

Trusted Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I saw an ad on face book advertising Jim Shore items 75% off with a note from Jim himself saying he was closing his online store.  He wrote business decision since they never recouped losses since Covid.  Sad to see.  I imagine business is down because his creations do not really appeal to the younger generation (younger than seniors).  I have enjoyed his pieces over the years and am sorry to see it end.  I guess nothing lasts forever and I wish him well.  I don't think the ad was a scam but I could be wrong.

Jim Shore  FB Page:

Please beware! The scammers are out in full force this week and I wanted to let everyone know:
-We are NOT going out of business
-We are NOT liquidating things and selling them for 75% off
-We do not have any discount Jim Shore websites
“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

Jim Shore  FB Page:

Please beware! The scammers are out in full force this week and I wanted to let everyone know:
-We are NOT going out of business
-We are NOT liquidating things and selling them for 75% off
-We do not have any discount Jim Shore websites

Wow, thanks!  It really seemed like an authentic post!

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen those scammer posts as well.  Such a shame that some people chose to run businesses that are scams and rip people off.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I would not trust any Facebook ad.  It's a disgrace that so many which are convincing scams with sob stories (we have to move, lost our lease, etc) are allowed to continue even after being reported.  The FTC needs to investigate.

If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

About two weeks ago I ran across this ad for Uggs on Facebook.  I knew QVC doesn5 carry this brand so I verified with the mods that it was illicit then reported it to Facebook.

Screenshot_20231101_173802_Gmail.jpg

Here's the response I got.  I wish I could figure how how to ask for a review as no information was given.  When I clicked on "advertising standards", nothing happened.

Screenshot_20231101_174052_Facebook.jpg

Respected Contributor

Facebook needs to do better screening of ads before they allow them to be posted; accountability!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 Facebook is very lax re ads.  I guess it's now up to QVC to handle this.  I was told long ago to never ever click on ads on facebook, although some are legit many are not.  

Honored Contributor

@chlema.  Facebook undoubtedly reaps a bonanza from these ads and they're not about to rock the boat.

People who've been snookered need to file complaints with thr FTC.