Super Contributor

I was so glad to see Jim Shore on this morning.  He wasn't around for Easter.  I love everything he makes.  I was a little concerened though because he looks so tired and he looks like he is not feeling well.  Did anyone else notice that?  Hope all is well Jim. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Jim Shore show this a.m.

I love him too!

QVC had him on so early, no wonder he looked tired.

Why didn't they have him on during the day?

Jean

Honored Contributor

I love the Jim Shore Shows too and made some purchases today Woman Very Happy  The show should have been 2 hours.......

I thought Gabrielle and Jim made a WONDERFUL team---Gabrielle let Jim tell stories about the figurines, and when she spoke she provided some good points too!!!  

I think Jim was tired since QVC always sees to schedule his shows in the wee morning hours which means he probably has to get up even earlier to prepare for the shows!  I think QVC needs to schedule him at a more reasonble hour---customers especially on the west coast were complaining they miss out on his shows since it's 3AM their time........I live in the Central Time Zone and it's a bit early here too 5AM....

Glad to hear he's coming back next month which probably be his harvest/halloween show.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

I too was thrilled to finally see Jim Shore back- a fine gentlemen with beautiful artistic pieces. I agree he looked tired- the 6 a.m. time is ridiculous! And I'm sure he must arrive long before starting time...Please put Jim on more frequently during the year, and at a reasonable hour. I did set my DVD (and I live on the East Coast)- but by the time I watched a piece I wanted was already gone. But nonetheless- thank you JIm for being so gracious and informative- regardless of the hour!

Esteemed Contributor

I think he makes such pretty things. I wonder why he is always on so early and not prime time?

Frequent Contributor

Haven't you noticed QVC's trend of putting shows they're phasing out on, rarely, and in the midde of the night?????

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I think he makes such pretty things. I wonder why he is always on so early and not prime time?

Because his "time", his window of maximum dollar sales vs cost of air time, has passed. He's not pulling in the high dollar amount he once did on QVC to make it worth it for them to have him on in more prime hours. QVC is fulfilling their contractual obligation to have him on so many hours and/or so many months, and after that period is over he won't be on QVC any more.

I started shopping the Jim Shore website directly a little over a year ago. You can find *every* piece they currently sell, and there is always a variety of pieces on sale. It's never been much of a discount possibility other than the few items QVC carries - which were seldom items I would have chosen if browsing. So, I don't mind too badly paying for shipping under $60.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I tuned in at 5:00 a.m. and agree he looked tired.  He seems to do better at 2:00 a.m.  Maybe he's a night owl.

I turned him off after watching several minutes while they dwelt on the first figurine was a long period of time and the host did not show the back of the piece.  She kept everything up front.  I know other hosts put his figurine on a revolving table and move it to the back.  I switched him off thinking that they were highlighting only his very expensive pieces but on checking the QVC website I saw that he did have something for 19.50.  Gone are the days when he presented things lower than that. 

I agree with the poster that said they are fulfilling his contract and when that is up his will be gone.  It seems that QVC is just interested in his Christmas items.  I for one go on the internet and find other sources of his things.  Right now I'm looking at his Coastal line because it's summer!