Trusted Contributor

Re: Jim Shore passed out on air

@Desertdi ... You posted this picture of Jim Shore at 5:33 am. Is he saying something in this video or are you just posting a picture of Jim so people will recognize him? 

l just saw the video and I'm still in shock seeing the table go crashing down!!!! I started shaking!! I hope he didn't drive back home after this because he probably fainted !!!

l read the comment that the host came back on and said he was okay. I'm very happy to read that but l hope he didn't drive home!! 

Honored Contributor

Share the Word Prayer Group – St. Gianna Beretta Molla Parish

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EastCoastGal wrote:

@Desertdi ... You posted this picture of Jim Shore at 5:33 am. Is he saying something in this video or are you just posting a picture of Jim so people will recognize him? 

l just saw the video and I'm still in shock seeing the table go crashing down!!!! I started shaking!! I hope he didn't drive back home after this because he probably fainted !!!

l read the comment that the host came back on and said he was okay. I'm very happy to read that but l hope he didn't drive home!! 

@EastCoastGal     Actually, I posted at 2:30 (Pacific).......simply as "info" for people who don't recognize the vendor by name.   

(I know his name, but wouldn't recognize him if I saw him on the street).     

Edited to add:    That is a "stock" photo from the internet.   He has not "made a statement" that I know of.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have been reading that covid is going around,hope he is okay.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I've noticed that he has lost a bit of weight. Hope he is ok.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Honored Contributor

Praying that he is ok. That had to be so scary!!!!

Covid is going around again, different strain.

Hope he gets the rest that he needs and comes back stronger!

Esteemed Contributor

This was posted on Jim's FB page about 40 minutes ago:

As many of you know, Jim took ill during his appearance on QVC early this morning. We're happy to report he is safe, recovering quickly, and will fly back to his home in South Carolina today. We are all very grateful. And we want to thank everyone for all the prayers and well wishes sent, your support means the world to Jim and his family.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm very happy Jim Shore is okay, as far as we know.

Decades ago, maybe the late seventies or very early eighties, my dear sister and I met him. 
We lived in the San Francisco Bay Area and it must have been fall, we were in Saratoga shopping for Christmas pretties and he was in our favorite small shop and signing his carvings, we each bought one. He was lovely and gracious. He was doing his own carvings at the time. I'm sure he had help.

Another time was at the Pleasanton Harvest Festival, it is a huge festival, acres and acres, all covered, hundreds of vendors, he was there and very busy. 
Lovely  man. 

Esteemed Contributor

It’s been very hot so maybe heat related dehydration. The same thing happened to me years ago during a heat wave. It was sudden & I just came home from my daily commute to NYC & felt fine. Luckily, my husband was off that day, heard a crash & found me unconscious. I didn’t feel sick or dizzy before the incident. I had just picked up QVC deliveries & was unpacking them.
Respected Contributor

@Alsace Gal wrote:

I'm very happy Jim Shore is okay, as far as we know.

Decades ago, maybe the late seventies or very early eighties, my dear sister and I met him. 
We lived in the San Francisco Bay Area and it must have been fall, we were in Saratoga shopping for Christmas pretties and he was in our favorite small shop and signing his carvings, we each bought one. He was lovely and gracious. He was doing his own carvings at the time. I'm sure he had help.

Another time was at the Pleasanton Harvest Festival, it is a huge festival, acres and acres, all covered, hundreds of vendors, he was there and very busy. 
Lovely  man. 

@Alsace Gal 

Nice to see a fomer fellow Bay Area resident.  Native to the Bay Area, love the Pleasanton Festivals including Antique shows, also visited Saratoga frequently when my sister had her short 10 month attempt as a Notre Dame nun lol.