Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady-   Her current appearance is quite different from a few years back.  As you stated, she did have a shorter 'do and a more polished look....was shopping online and watched a few videos where she was wearing glasses.  Are the glasses a permanent thing now too?  I never saw her in glasses back in the day...

Esteemed Contributor

I will watch an entire show with Jill if I'm interested in the product. Long ago, I didn't like to see her with Bobbi Brown, gushing and adoring her with her Babbi, Babbi, Babbi. She just loved her too much. She's better with Bobbi gone.

She's not great, but there are so much worse....

Honored Contributor

Re: Jill talks to much...

[ Edited ]

The good things about Jill-she does have genuine enthusiasm for the products she presents and knows the products well.  She has a pleasant voice (not nasal nor squeeky)........

The bad--she does tend to take over shows and won't let the vendor speak.....she is particularly bad when paired with Valerie Parr Hill....one show Valerie had to speak up and say, I'd like to make a point about this item ( I think it was Valerie's subtle and polite way of saying--- hey let me get a word in edge wise please)---So Jill does best when she's by herself......

She is a bit of a self promoter and tends to pat herself on the back, and talks how she designed this when similar products have been presenteed before, she can be a bit condescending to viewers, and then there's her beach house, hostess with the mostest talk....and she really tries to "put on the dog" when paired with Judith Ripka....

One time she was presenting jewelry....most hosts get excited and love to show how earrings or other jewelry looks on them.....but Jill was quite rude and in a mean tone said to the camerman....quit showing the jewelry on me and show it on the models thats what they get paid for...and she wasnt joking either..WHEW! 

She's not the worst host by any stretch, and she has some good points, but not one of my favorites....my biggest gripe is when she's paired with Valerie.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Hondagirl wrote:

I meant she took over the vendor - poor woman just stood there while Jill went on and on...She does have a lot of information about the product but when I watched last week it was so phony... Yes I could not watch but when I want to make a purchase I have to stay and put up with it...

@hondagirl

No, you don't have to stay and put up with it.... as @Carmie said, you can shop on line.  Since you came here to start a thread looking for people to agree with you in complaining about a host, you clearly have computer skills.

Just shop online! 

@RespectLife

Shopping on line isnt the answer....many of us want to see the product actually demonstrated....we want to hear the vendor speak too.  The website gives very little actual product info usually dimensions or size depending on the product...the rest is mostly sales puffery and fluff as you can see by the number of unanswered questions on the website asking specific info thats not addressed.    So the host/vendor presentations are important and the OP's feedback is valid if a host makes one watch less and therefore, buy less.............

..Also Ive been thinking....if we buy online the host gets credit for a sale which may make it appear to QVC that the host is doing a wonderful job. ....maybe we shouldnt buy if the host presenting is lacking in giving good product information or wont let the vendor speak, or just has annoying habits that we dont like to watch  There is a downside because the product might get sold out if you wait for another show with another host, and the customer loses out on a product, BUT if its the TSV there are lots of shows and hosts to chose from as to where and with whom you make your purchas! ........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

There are a few hosts that seem to be on all the time that I just cannot watch but Jill is not one of them.  I always enjoy Jill and Jayne - they are my two favorite hosts.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill talks to much...

[ Edited ]

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt I, too, have seen and heard Jill be rude to a camerman, and I find it quite off putting.  

Trusted Contributor

I'll take Jill over Amy any day.  I could say so much more, but they will poof me if I'm truly honest.  So much for free speech.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

I'll take Jill over Amy any day.  I could say so much more, but they will poof me if I'm truly honest.  So much for free speech.

Free speech has nothing to do with a forum such as this one.

I understand what you're saying.  I liked the old days here better when we were allowed to express our thoughts more freely.  But QVC gets to decide what is and isn't allowed  We can like it or not, but they can run these forums any way they choose.

Honored Contributor

Jill is my favorite host.  She pretty much always has been.  I appreciate her matter of fact, no nonsense manner of presenting.  I did notice a change in Jill a few years ago, right after the departure of LR.  Not sure if it was a coincidence but I thought Jill became more "friendly."  She was more open and nicer to callers and to vendors.  She was more warm where I thought prior she came off a little cold.  I also noticed she is more high pressure with her sales pitch then previously.

Jill has never been on the cutting edge of fashion IMO.  I think Jill spends good money on her clothes and is more into quality than quantity.  She seems to wear the same things over and over again.  Nothing wrong with that if that's what she wants to do.

Jill has said many, many times that off air, she is very casual.  No make-up and wears her glasses.  Many personal photos she posts on social media confirm that. 

I wonder if Jill will do a blog about her new beach house.  She did a few in the past when her beach house was a pretty average, small place.  She blogged about a total renovation and then shortly afterward, they sold it which she also blogged about.  Now, there has been nothing about the new house except for mentioning it.  I got the feeling now based on comments made from one of the garden guys and Chaz that Jill's new beach house is quite an upgrade and pretty spectacular.   

It's funny that now that Jill has grown out her hair, people are complaining about it.  There were a ton of complaints about her "soccer-mom" short hair or her "mom" hair and posters saying she should grow her hair out.  I'm a big proponent of people wearing their hair the way they want.