Honored Contributor

wrote:

I don't find Jill a polarizing figure at all; she does come off like a scoldilocks to me.  But it doesn't really upset me, I watch sometimes and buy if I like the product.  I either buy(or not buy) based on the product, not which hosts are on.  That would be incredibly childish.

@Mj12

I will agree with you in part about folks that buy things from certain hosts because they think of them as "family" and think the host is their "BFF" on Facebook.  There are some hosts that I do like their presentations they are informative and pleasant, some are OK, and some are just intolerable and a channel changer for me....Sometimes I watch because Im interested in the product and watch because I want to hear what the Vendor has to say....and if the product meets my needs then I might order based on the Vendor's information. 

But I was thinking about these host that are awful, and since QVC bases the renewal of the host's contracts on their sales, maybe it is a good point to not buy if the host is totally annoying....that sends a message to QVC ....and that includes online ordering too.........

And how do I know that sales matter, because awhile back QVC fired a host, and she brought a lawsuit against QVC they cited they fired her because of her sales numbers ....She countered based on several points and one of them was that she was always given a lousy time slot so reaching good sales numbers was difficult...she said the male hosts got the good time slots (back then QVC had more males hosts)....The judge ruled against her other points, but said she had a point he reviewed the evidence and there was a gender bias regarding the males getting the better times, and thus a better opportunity to make sales so she won her case on that point............(google it to read all the details)........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I don't find Jill a polarizing figure at all; she does come off like a scoldilocks to me.  But it doesn't really upset me, I watch sometimes and buy if I like the product.  I either buy(or not buy) based on the product, not which hosts are on.  That would be incredibly childish.

@Mj12

I will agree with you in part about folks that buy things from certain hosts because they think of them as "family" and think the host is their "BFF" on Facebook.  There are some hosts that I do like their presentations they are informative and pleasant, some are OK, and some are just intolerable and a channel changer for me....Sometimes I watch because Im interested in the product and watch because I want to hear what the Vendor has to say....and if the product meets my needs then I might order based on the Vendor's information. 

But I was thinking about these host that are awful, and since QVC bases the renewal of the host's contracts on their sales, maybe it is a good point to not buy if the host is totally annoying....that sends a message to QVC ....and that includes online ordering too.........

And how do I know that sales matter, because awhile back QVC fired a host, and she brought a lawsuit against QVC they cited they fired her because of her sales numbers ....She countered based on several points and one of them was that she was always given a lousy time slot so reaching good sales numbers was difficult...she said the male hosts got the good time slots (back then QVC had more males hosts)....The judge ruled against her other points, but said she had a point he reviewed the evidence and there was a gender bias regarding the males getting the better times, and thus a better opportunity to make sales so she won her case on that point............(google it to read all the details)........

wrote:

wrote:

@Mj12

I don't know the only male host who seems to get "prime time " real estate is Rick. DNA Hughes is usually a morning guy, Alberti is all over the place. David has the prime time show Wednesday but seems to work mostly weekends. I don't agree with the judge that the female hosts are relegated to off-hours. Every time I tune in at night I see Jayne or Shawn.

Honored Contributor

I don't see how they can tell that much about which host makes the sale.  I have been ordering online since this form of ordering is available.  I may see host "A" present an item in the evening and I may place my online order the next afternoon or two days later when it has been presented by other hosts.   I wonder what the percentage is of people ordering by phone compared to using the newer technology?  I know one of the reasons they wear the earpiece is that the producer tells them when to use key words or mention they or maybe a celebrity use that particular item.  Years ago Kathy Levine said when she mentioned her mother loved an item, the phone lines went wild.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, she also talks down to the viewer. I just turn it off when I get sick of her. I do the same with all of the hosts.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...