Respected Contributor
Jill is almost always over the top on Bobbi Brown shows. I wear Bobbi Brown and round like to learn but never could when she's hosting. Like the OP said, speaks too much about her own self...so, I just buy it in department stores now..
Trusted Contributor

Jill is always well prepared and knowledgeable about the products.  She will also give it to you straight and not try to sugar coat or mislead in terms of the quality and attributes of the products.  The issue I see, and this is specifically during home decor shows, is that she tends to refer to herself in the third person a lot and also tends to take credit for product designs which have often been produced and sold elsewhere.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like Jill at all.  I never have, and so I don't watch if she's hosting.  I want to hear what the vendor has to say, not a host who dominates. Pretty much everything about her bothers me.  We're all free to like and dislike.  It shouldn't be a problem though.  None of us are forced to watch anyone we don't enjoy.

Contributor

@NYC Susan- My thoughts exactly.

Honored Contributor

I think Jill is one of the few decent hosts they still have.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I disagree completely with the OP.  Jill is one of the most knowledgeable, well-prepared host on QVC.  

@Krimpette

I TOTALLY agree with you.  And even better -- after all these years -- I can still watch her and actually enjoy her!!!  What a concept -- a host that does her job, isn't always trying to bring attention to herself, isn't one of the "it's all about me, me me, hosts",  and I can enjoy watching her!!!

Honored Contributor

@Hondagirl wrote:

Watched her last week on one of the shows - forget which one - and she took over the host's job....Trying to watch the show was difficult... She is to wishy-washy....Will have to turn her off next time... Anyone agree....

@hondagirl, your description of her taking over doesn't jibe with calling her "wishy-washy."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

Jill is always well prepared and knowledgeable about the products.  She will also give it to you straight and not try to sugar coat or mislead in terms of the quality and attributes of the products.  The issue I see, and this is specifically during home decor shows, is that she tends to refer to herself in the third person a lot and also tends to take credit for product designs which have often been produced and sold elsewhere.  

@TenderMercies  I agree with you,  she is always prepared.  The issue is very much the home decor shoes ,  she is pretty much unwatchable for me during any home decor show.  The third person reverence is just too much as well.  I feel she needs to calm down a bit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jill talks too much...

[ Edited ]

She's prepared and she knows the products but, for me, that doesn't negate the downside to watching her shows. Many seem to feel that she is forthright and trustworthy and I'm sure that's an advantage for her. My personal view is that she's cultivated that perception but that she, like all the others, says pretty much whatever she needs to say to move the products. I don't enjoy her presentation style or her shows, so even when I was a frequent viewer, I tended not to watch when she was on. 

In recent years, all the hosts have developed a more frantic on-air presence. Many viewers report on the forums that they don't find it enjoyable and yet they persist, so one has to assume it's a directive from management.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What's interesting to me is that in the beginning when I was choosing  QVC over HSN it was precisely beause of the lower energy sell techniques.  HSN used to make me a nervous wreck in no time.  QVC I found I could leave the channel on and because of this ended up buying a lot!  That doesn't happen now at all.  I'll watch a show I'm interested in but I don't leave the channel on any more.  I've learned I'm not missing anything because it's repeated so much.  I think it's a shame because I believe QVC's "glory days" might be able to be repeated if cultivated in the right way with the right merchandise..... 

P.S.  I like Jill but I agree, she takes over and talks far more than she should.  I want to hear from the Vendor.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*