Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kitty Galore

What I find amusing is that others dont like complaints about the hosts, YET its perfectly OK if they complain  about other posters who are just expressing an opinion.....Woman LOL Woman LOL  There are other threads available to read........

Frankly that is false equivalency,  equivalent would be if a host  picked out a  forum post to ridicule and belittle on TV using the posters real name..then claiming it is only their "opinion" and they have every right to express it...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@KKJ This is a message board, not the complaint dept.

The post was addressed to JIll who can't respond and probably doesn't read the boards.  So to whom Is the OP speaking to?

She might as well be talking to the wall...perhaps she should message Jill directly on her FB page.  

@Carmie

QVC reads these message boards....and a couple of the Moderators do pass on some of the suggestions and comments both positive or negative....Why do think Qvc has a Forum??? To gather opinions on QVC from customers, and keep them engaged byoffering other topics as well, cheaper than hiring a consulting firm to obtain customers about products/programming/hosts

@Spurt, I think that they provide these forums for only one major reason: to increase sales. Someone posts about a product that they're interested in or have already purchased, and that results in other posters checking the item out. Keep customers talking about the merchandise -- free advertisement.

All the rest is just mindless chatter to TPTB.

@suzyQ3

What you said about the Forums is true, but I have also seen Moderators' replies that they were going to pass some of the suggestion on, and another response from the Moderators that they were going to let a host know about compliments that had been posted on a thread, and then a peculiar one---a Mod closed a thread but they indicated they were going to pass the comment on to Management (it was a complaint about a host).............. 

True, but the negative passed on comments were business related and not personal.  Example: didn't explain the fabric content, couldn't see the details, etc.

None of them are related to the hosts hair do, speech pattern, voice, mannerisms, or words used.

Occasional Contributor

There are amny reasons why people " complain " as you put it and they have every right to. Happy to hear you just scroll on by. Most of the time anyway.

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo I agree with your assessment of the longevity of the Community. I would be curious to see a response from corporate on the value they see in these forums and if our feedback here affects their host training and coaching approaches.

In response to the OP, I am like another poster who wrote that they typically didn’t notice some of these overused words till it got pointed out, probably because I am doing other things during the few programs I watch.  I never noticed Carolyn’s habit of saying “aha” in the background whenever the rep starts speaking till someone on the forums complained. Now it sticks out like a sore thumb! However, it doesn’t ruin the hour for me. Repeated words and phrases I can block out. What I can’t ignore are high-pitched, frantic voices; sudden shrieking; and over talking. None of that is “enjoyable.” Instant click.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kitty Galore

What I find amusing is that others dont like complaints about the hosts, YET its perfectly OK if they complain  about other posters who are just expressing an opinion.....Woman LOL Woman LOL  There are other threads available to read........

Frankly that is false equivalency,  equivalent would be if a host  picked out a  forum post to ridicule and belittle on TV using the posters real name..then claiming it is only their "opinion" and they have every right to express it...

Aside from a false equivalency, the idea that a poster who responds to a complaining post is just the same as the complainant is logically flawed.

It essentially says that the first to complain has the last word. It doesn't work that way, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Jill stop saying.....

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@KKJ This is a message board, not the complaint dept.

The post was addressed to JIll who can't respond and probably doesn't read the boards.  So to whom Is the OP speaking to?

She might as well be talking to the wall...perhaps she should message Jill directly on her FB page.  

@Carmie

QVC reads these message boards....and a couple of the Moderators do pass on some of the suggestions and comments both positive or negative....Why do think Qvc has a Forum??? To gather opinions on QVC from customers, and keep them engaged byoffering other topics as well, cheaper than hiring a consulting firm to obtain customers about products/programming/hosts

@Spurt, I think that they provide these forums for only one major reason: to increase sales. Someone posts about a product that they're interested in or have already purchased, and that results in other posters checking the item out. Keep customers talking about the merchandise -- free advertisement.

All the rest is just mindless chatter to TPTB.

@suzyQ3

What you said about the Forums is true, but I have also seen Moderators' replies that they were going to pass some of the suggestion on, and another response from the Moderators that they were going to let a host know about compliments that had been posted on a thread, and then a peculiar one---a Mod closed a thread but they indicated they were going to pass the comment on to Management (it was a complaint about a host).............. 

True, but the negative passed on comments were business related and not personal.  Example: didn't explain the fabric content, couldn't see the details, etc.

None of them are related to the hosts hair do, speech pattern, voice, mannerisms, or words used.

Normally hairstyles arent an issue with me ,HOWEVER, when it's a style where hair is hanging in one eye, and even the host is uncomfortable with it and keeps fussing with it too, its a channel changing distraction for me and many viewers....Same thing with a voice and muting isnt an answer, because I DO want to hear what the Vendor has to say about their product, and not enough details on the website.....So I dont end up watching or buying when these things appear....and cutesy talk is a turnoff too....Some hosts are professional yet their plesant personality shines through---Leah is a good example......

Now some post a personal preference some like long hair, some prefer a medium cut, or short cut, these posts are just someone stating an opinion.......and unless snarky or mean spirited this is acceptable...its a Forum!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because nit is unkind to our host

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Nothing wrong with your post @Kitty Galore.  You were just sharing your opinion with us and you have that right.  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal@Kitty Galore

I totally agree.  This opinion is just as valid as those who criticize it.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@dooBdoo I agree with your assessment of the longevity of the Community. I would be curious to see a response from corporate on the value they see in these forums and if our feedback here affects their host training and coaching approaches.

In response to the OP, I am like another poster who wrote that they typically didn’t notice some of these overused words till it got pointed out, probably because I am doing other things during the few programs I watch.  I never noticed Carolyn’s habit of saying “aha” in the background whenever the rep starts speaking till someone on the forums complained. Now it sticks out like a sore thumb! However, it doesn’t ruin the hour for me. Repeated words and phrases I can block out. What I can’t ignore are high-pitched, frantic voices; sudden shrieking; and over talking. None of that is “enjoyable.” Instant click.

I cannot tolerate baby girl voices.  And watching television on mute just isn't that enjoyable (even with closed captioning).  I often watch while doing something else, so muting totally misses a lot.

There is one on when I watch most of the time that I cannot listen to.  So now I watch even less.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Why do you watch something that makes you "nuts"??  Check the "recently on air".  If there's an item that interests you, watch it.  No need to watch an entire program and get aggravatated.

@kaydee50.  I find a lot,of posters on these boards love to complain. Many times it is the same ones. I usually try to scroll,on by their posts. Very sad that a word on tv get someone so upset.

Well, here's the thing........lol

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18