Respected Contributor

I guess it's difficult for some to believe the reasons Jill gave for leaving because they don't like change.  I think Jill is leaving QVC in good standing and I also think it was her decision to go.  I don't think she was forced out.  She joined QVC when she was 25 and she turned 50 last year.  That's a long time to work for one company by today's standard.  I wish her happiness in the next chapter of her life.

Respected Contributor

Having her home show shoved to Q2 must have been disheartening for Jill. Her real love is silver jewelry and very little of that is shown now too. I can see why she might like to take her career in another direction. I have enjoyed her as a host and will miss her.

Esteemed Contributor
Who is ITKWD
Trusted Contributor
I don't mean odd that her family won't be there. I mean odd that she's leaving after what she said just a few months ago. But Sweetbay magnolia, you're right. Things can change very quickly!
Esteemed Contributor
@KentuckyWoman. I don’t know why people are so curious I couldn’t care less why she’s leaving. More power to her
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill's Last Show

[ Edited ]

My two-cents' worth:

• Positioning Jill's final show late on a Wednesday night will allow David Venable to be part of the festivities since it will take place right after ITKWD; they began together, remain close, and likely will find it fun to send her off into the sunset together.
  • This timeslot probably also gives many of the other long-time hosts a chance to join in because one of them will likely be presenting the TSV shortly thereafter and the rest will likely have free time since they rarely host during the really late and overnight hours. The timing is also nice for any vendors who may want to stop by, again due to the fact that the TSV is typically presented for most of or all of that late/early midnight hour that will follow, which means minimal participation requirements for multiple vendors.
  • As others have noted, there's no need for a big family extravaganza since Jill just got to experience that as part of her anniversary show a few months ago (and I wouldn't be surprised if her family didn't want to do something similar again).

Obviously, this is somewhat speculative, but I feel that it has a basis in practicality, which is something Jill prizes. Regardless, I'm sure it will all be enjoyable...  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I'm kind of surprised her family won't be there.  Maybe it will be too emotional for her.

I wish her well!  She's one of my favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill's Last Show

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat wrote:
Who is ITKWD

In The Kitchen With David @Teddixat 

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

My two-cents' worth:

• Positioning Jill's final show late on a Wednesday night will allow David Venable to be part of the festivities since it will take place right after ITKWD; they began together, remain close, and likely will find it fun to send her off into the sunset together.
  • This timeslot probably also gives many of the other long-time hosts a chance to join in because one of them will likely be presenting the TSV shortly thereafter and the rest will likely have free time since they rarely host during the really late and overnight hours. The timing is also nice for any vendors who may want to stop by, again due to the fact that the TSV is typically presented for most of or all of that late/early midnight hour that will follow, which means minimal participation requirements for multiple vendors.
  • As others have noted, there's no need for a big family extravaganza since Jill just got to experience that as part of her anniversary show a few months ago (and I wouldn't be surprised if her family didn't want to do something similar again).

Obviously, this is somewhat speculative, but I feel that it has a basis in practicality, which is something Jill prizes. Regardless, I'm sure it will all be enjoyable...  Smiley Wink

@loriqvc Your 2 cents makes sense!!!

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I'm kind of surprised her family won't be there.  Maybe it will be too emotional for her.

I wish her well!  She's one of my favorites.

She seems to be someone who values and respects the privacy of her family. I admire her for that.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky