Honored Contributor

Re: Jill's Last Show

[ Edited ]

@debmmm wrote:

Jill  stated her show "your home with Jill" has been on for 19 years??? I don't remember it being on that long at all.  Lisa Robertson had the bulk of the decorating shows until she left.  Jill seemed to take over the spot when Lisa left and then did the holiday shows.  I really think they did not renew her contract.  I remember when she first started she had an attitude with one of the hosts, who she thought was making fun of her.  When she first started I didn't think she would last 25 years.    Antoinella was very honest on her 15 year show on Saturday and stated they didn't think they would renew her contract, but she had so much good feedback from the viewers they kept her.  It just depends on sales and how popular you are.  They seem to have put Jill's show on QVC2 and took her off the main channel.  I would think her family would be on her last show but then again if they didn't renew her contract why would they come to the studio and celebrate.  I'm surprised she is not getting involved with Valerie par Hill.  She did alot of designing with her.  Time will tell. 

Jill was doing her YHWJ long before Lisa R. got any decorating show.  And LR only had holiday decorating shows whereas Jill's shows were all year long.  

LR and Jill have totally different taste when it comes to decorating and I have the opposite thought as you.  I found LR's holiday decor to be very trendy, sometimes bordering on overdone and gaudy and Jill's to be more classic and timeless.  I guess I'm just not a feather boa on a chandelier type person.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@debmmm wrote:

Jill  stated her show "your home with Jill" has been on for 19 years??? I don't remember it being on that long at all.  Lisa Robertson had the bulk of the decorating shows until she left.  Jill seemed to take over the spot when Lisa left and then did the holiday shows.  I really think they did not renew her contract.  I remember when she first started she had an attitude with one of the hosts, who she thought was making fun of her.  When she first started I didn't think she would last 25 years.    Antoinella was very honest on her 15 year show on Saturday and stated they didn't think they would renew her contract, but she had so much good feedback from the viewers they kept her.  It just depends on sales and how popular you are.  They seem to have put Jill's show on QVC2 and took her off the main channel.  I would think her family would be on her last show but then again if they didn't renew her contract why would they come to the studio and celebrate.  I'm surprised she is not getting involved with Valerie par Hill.  She did alot of designing with her.  Time will tell. 

Jill was doing her YHWJ long before Lisa R. got any decorating show.  And LR only had holiday decorating shows whereas Jill's shows were all year long.  

LR and Jill have totally different taste when it comes to decorating and I have the opposite thought as you.  I found LR's holiday decor to be very trendy, sometimes bordering on overdone and gaudy and Jill's to be more classic and timeless.  I guess I'm just not a feather boa on a chandelier type person.  

I love chandeliers!!!   Would have one in every room of our house if I could . Now I prefer LR decor and have many of her Christmas items .   I find her Christmas items very classic.  To each there own I say.    

Valued Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@debmmm wrote:

I love chandeliers!!!   Would have one in every room of our house if I could . Now I prefer LR decor and have many of her Christmas items .   I find her Christmas items very classic.  To each there own I say.    

@Kitty Galore  I agree about Lisa’s decor.  Most of her items were classic and elegant, and they were built to last which is very important to me. I decorate with many different styles, but overall my look is high end rather than home spun. It seems unnecessary to criticize other people’s taste.

Valued Contributor

On the Jun 3 YHWJ show, Jill said she would show some brand new soap rocks on her Jun 6 show.  And she added she was excited about it since she brought the soap rocks to the Q.

Tonight Jun 4 SK had the new soap rocks on her show.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill's Last Show

[ Edited ]

@countrylady - Jill has actually presented that set of SoapRocks on YHJ a few times this spring, so I'm guessing she could still have a new set to debut on Thursday.

Contributor

Yes Jill, I will miss you too.  I called QVC for your email address and they said they didn't have it.  I wrote you a personal card and sent it to QVC.  I hope that you got it.

I just hope that you are leaving because YOU want to. Good luck in whatever you do.

New Contributor

I remember when a lot of the hosts started. I also remember when Kathy Levine left and I wondered how QVC would survive that. I like the familiar hosts. I am not enjoying all these newbies and my viewing time has drastically reduced. I hope she is happy and I for one will miss her.

Esteemed Contributor
I guess I am odd man out here. I don’t get invested in hosts to the extent I worry why they are leaving or if there is any underlying reason for their leaving. People change - situations change - life goes on. With all the serious things going on in the country and the world that give me pause, Q hosts and what they do with their lives is not one of them
Esteemed Contributor

@countrylady - I'm not sure if you got to watch the show, but Jill just ended up presenting the "Pretty in Pink" set of SoapRocks that she created and shared earlier this spring. However, she mentioned that there will be a new configuration coming up either for Christmas in July or sometime closer to the holidays that she designed and hopes everyone will enjoy.

Contributor

What is ITKWD?