Regular Contributor

Agree with the group that QVC has changed. I rarely watch any shows. I check the daily schedule to see if there is anything of interest. I am not a fan of most of the evening hosts.

i also think that the change to QVC2 is not a good thing, and Jill’s show moving there is a problem. She is my favorite host.

She has told us she is not retiring, but looking for a new adventure. She has many talents particularly in home design and entertaining. 

I wish her the best, I doubt I will watch QVC often, but you never know.

Valued Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

The home shows are the only ones I ever watch anymore.     Do you think another host will take over that niche or will it fade into oblivion?

I'm going to miss seeing Jill.   She was one of my favorites.     

I believe it will be K. Mcgee who was on with Jill (QVC2)  and she was taking part with Jill and on the computer as well. She said to Jill I will miss you a lot. Just putting the pieces of the puzzle together.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I highly doubt that Katie McGee will have her own home show anytime soon; she always comments about the fact that she learns all of her style tips from others and needs guidance in that area. She also often notes that she has no green thumb at all and doesn't have a clue (her words) when it comes to gardening.

All that said, I think Katie is wonderful and I hope she does a lot more hosting!

Valued Contributor

It is not bizarre at all for people to be speculative!  Just a few short months ago when she celebrated her 25th anniversary, she stated on air she plans on being there another 25 years and not going anywhere????? 

Valued Contributor

With that new beach house on the water in Maryland, one in college and one going to college in a few years???? I am sure Jill made high 6 figures so anyone losing that kind of money would feel it, unless one is a billionaire

Super Contributor

Jill has looked amazing and happy since announcing her retirement.  I can tell by looking at her she made the right choice.  She represents a better more special time in the Q's history and she'll be missed.

I find it hard to watch them much anymore - too much clothes and TSVs ad nauseum (Dyna-Trap, Keurig, Amazon Fire Tablet - beaten to death horsies!)  YHJ was something I tuned into regularly.

Honored Contributor

Jill will probably do somethng else, but it is likely she could retire.  Also, assuming her husband's business is doing well.  Maybe she will be involved in his business in some capacity.  Since Jill has had a career for so long she may choose to take some time off and then do something else.  Wouldn't be surprised if she already has her next career set up.

Occasional Contributor

Jill is one of the best hosts.  She is easly to listen to and is always well informed. QVC is losing on of their best hosts especially with the current crop of new hosts.  They all look and sound alike! With Jill gone, I will listen even less than I do now. Big loss for QVC.

Regular Contributor

I still miss Lisa R...she was one of a kind !

Respected Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

With that new beach house on the water in Maryland, one in college and one going to college in a few years???? I am sure Jill made high 6 figures so anyone losing that kind of money would feel it, unless one is a billionaire

I wasnt aware of a new beach house. I know she frequently would rub it in that she owned a beach house in New Jersey. Was that one sold ?