Contributor

In The Kitchen With David.

New Contributor

1. I don't understand these people with attitude who are saying "Who cares why they are leaving? More power to them!". This is a blog ABOUT the Hosts FOR the purpose of talking about them. QVC spends a lot of time and effort to make them personable to us to make them seem like they are our "friends". I love QVC and I love all the hosts and will watch for hours without ever buying anything. 2. I worked in Human Resources for 25 years and have "some" idea how this works. Yes she did say (several times) she plans to be at QVC until they have to wheel her old body off the set. She did not want to leave. Notice how many new hosts they have hired this year. Right now, there are 28 Hosts under the "Meet Our Hosts" page. There will be weeks when we don't see any of these people. This is not a full-time job for them. So they have to divide their hours. When they hire more people- the people already there get less hours. Add to that not being able to have in a say in those hours- and people get mad. When they do this, there are no more raises either. I absolutely LOVE all the new hosts but if I was an old-timer I would be highly insulted. This is a sneaky way that Corporate saves money. By making it convenient for them to leave and want to leave and think it was their idea.

Trusted Contributor
You have a lot of interesting thoughts BrittanyRomance. Probably some negotiations went on...not good ones...and Jill ultimately said, see ya!
Respected Contributor
@BrittanyRomance...Interesting thoughts you had about the Jill situation. I concur w/ u about hearing her say a few times about “wheeling her old body off the set...” lol..Something happened w/ HR..
Nevertheless, this topic has been spoken about in other posts and nothing will change. Jill is so very happy in each presentation now. I have never seen her so happy and relaxed in all the years , as she is now!
Valued Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

My two-cents' worth:

• Positioning Jill's final show late on a Wednesday night will allow David Venable to be part of the festivities since it will take place right after ITKWD; they began together, remain close, and likely will find it fun to send her off into the sunset together.
  • This timeslot probably also gives many of the other long-time hosts a chance to join in because one of them will likely be presenting the TSV shortly thereafter and the rest will likely have free time since they rarely host during the really late and overnight hours. The timing is also nice for any vendors who may want to stop by, again due to the fact that the TSV is typically presented for most of or all of that late/early midnight hour that will follow, which means minimal participation requirements for multiple vendors.
  • As others have noted, there's no need for a big family extravaganza since Jill just got to experience that as part of her anniversary show a few months ago (and I wouldn't be surprised if her family didn't want to do something similar again).

Obviously, this is somewhat speculative, but I feel that it has a basis in practicality, which is something Jill prizes. Regardless, I'm sure it will all be enjoyable...  Smiley Wink

@loriqvc Your 2 cents makes sense!!!

@threecees wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

My two-cents' worth:

• Positioning Jill's final show late on a Wednesday night will allow David Venable to be part of the festivities since it will take place right after ITKWD; they began together, remain close, and likely will find it fun to send her off into the sunset together.
  • This timeslot probably also gives many of the other long-time hosts a chance to join in because one of them will likely be presenting the TSV shortly thereafter and the rest will likely have free time since they rarely host during the really late and overnight hours. The timing is also nice for any vendors who may want to stop by, again due to the fact that the TSV is typically presented for most of or all of that late/early midnight hour that will follow, which means minimal participation requirements for multiple vendors.
  • As others have noted, there's no need for a big family extravaganza since Jill just got to experience that as part of her anniversary show a few months ago (and I wouldn't be surprised if her family didn't want to do something similar again).

Obviously, this is somewhat speculative, but I feel that it has a basis in practicality, which is something Jill prizes. Regardless, I'm sure it will all be enjoyable...  Smiley Wink

@loriqvc Your 2 cents makes sense!!!

But this wasn't her last show. when is it?

Occasional Contributor

I've been a customer with the Q as long as Jill as been hosting. I'm sorry to see another of the "old guard" leave. QVC has changed so much and I guess I'm no longer the target audience. I really miss the "quality" that they used to deliver as well. I can remember how strict the quality standards were back in the day, it was a point of pride even. I think they have really dropped the ball on the quality control department in favor of profit. 

Used to really like the Q house brands too, but I just don't think they're what they used to be either. Are you listening Q? Maybe the hosts who have been around for awhile see the same thing and don't want to present products that they are can't be sure of anymore.

Honored Contributor

The reason for Jill's retirement could be as simple as ,Jill wasn't about to lose 50 pounds and color her hair blond.LOL Never a big fan, hope you all enjoy her final show.

Trusted Contributor

I posted a comment on Facebook about how I didn't like that You're Home with Jill had been banished to Q2 - that it had been a very popular program with one of the best Q hosts.  My comment was liked by Jill.  So I really do believe - although I don't have the facts - that there was more to Jill's decision than simply to be with her family.

Super Contributor

She probably has enough money to retire - good for her!

Respected Contributor

@CaneCorsoMom wrote:

She probably has enough money to retire - good for her!

I dont know anyone who can retire before 60 this day and age. People are being forced to work well into their 70s. She is more than a decade away from Medicare. Surely she will work again. I give her "retirement" about a year and she will be back doing something.