Super Contributor
ITKWD....he never leaves.....
Valued Contributor

@threecees wrote:

A lousy time for her last show, starting at 10 p.m, on a Wednesday 

night too. 

Guess she doesn't want a big fuss and Q is not making one either.

Will miss you Jill.

jill is also on friday night.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bella2022 - The reference to Wednesday is for Jill's final show, which will be on Wednesday, June 12. Her You're Home with Jill show airs on Mondays and Fridays at 10:00 p.m. ET on Q2—but there are just three shows left, I believe.

Respected Contributor

The home shows are the only ones I ever watch anymore.     Do you think another host will take over that niche or will it fade into oblivion?

I'm going to miss seeing Jill.   She was one of my favorites.     

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill's Last Show

[ Edited ]

@bobby5 wrote:
It's so odd & I just can't help speculating. I know someone will say it's none of my business...and it's not. It's just that you feel like you know the long time qvc hosts & you can't help but be curious about them. At least that's how I feel...especially about Jill since she did a complete 180 since her anniversary show in December when she said she'd be at qvc for a long time. I find it so hard to believe they'd let her go. Oh well🤔

@bobby5 

I did not know this. I had read a lot of posts stating that she was being pushed out, and typical of me I sort of rolled my eyes. If what you are reporting is correct then perhaps all of the speculation is correct. 

Whatever the circumstances I wish her the best.

Honored Contributor

Reminiscing...

I started watching QVC just shortly before Antonella started as a host, 15 years ago. 

Antonella was in her first week.  She was awful and wonderful at the same time.  It was a silver jewelry show.  She stumbled over every item presentation because she was so enamored of the jewelry; I thought she was going to have a heart attack.  I hadn't seen anything like it before; I instantly adored her!  She kept laughing and saying she was going to be fired because she refused to take the jewelry off after it sold out.  She said something like, "I just cannot help it!"  Almost everything sold out.  She was wonderful.

Then they went to Jill, so that Jill could announce her show coming up immediately after Antonella.  Jill was abrupt, curt, unsmiling, and obviously annoyed.  It seemed like Jill did believe Antonella would be fired after that show, and perhaps Jill felt it her right to let her displeasure show. 

I didn't like Jill for several years after that.  I thought she was haughty and publicly disloyal to a fellow host that was nervous and just starting out. 

But soon I realized Jill was Jill.  I got over it.  Jill never became one of my favorites, but I think she is one of QVC's best hosts. Always prepared, always thorough, often witty, and much kinder than I thought of her all those years ago.  She's a true class act, and I wish her well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill's Last Show

[ Edited ]

When I first heard Jill was leaving, I said.....when they moved her to Q2 at 10:00 on M & F, I figured there would be some backlash.  I didn't think Jill would tolerate that after 25 years of selling.  That to me is indirectly pushing her out.

I also think she can't tolerate the way QVC is going w/the unprofessionalism that is happening w/most of the new hosts.......even w/some that have been there for a few years.

The management has taken how a business should be run and turned it into a circus-hard sell campaign.  I for one cannot take the hi-jinks, hardly ever watch and if I want to see something, I go online. 

I'm not saying I never buy, but I don't buy nearly as much as I used to and I just cannot take the programming anymore.

I will miss Jill a lot!

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 - I agree! Jill is warm and engaging, but she's definitely a no-nonsense gal, and I'm sure there are plenty of things going on at the Q right now that drive her crazy. It has been nice to see her so happy about her decision to leave; that alone makes me think any speculation about someone pushing her out doesn't hold water.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems to fit more with Jill's personality for her last show to be low key.  I do hope David is there however as he and Jill said hello to us (the viewers of QVC) on the same day, and it would be a nice, albeit hokey, touch if he were there when she says good-bye.  

Honored Contributor

I think definitely David will make an appearance on her show.  Not only did they begin their careers at QVC at the same time, they were and are very good friends.