Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I'm kind of surprised her family won't be there.  Maybe it will be too emotional for her.

I wish her well!  She's one of my favorites.

She seems to be someone who values and respects the privacy of her family. I admire her for that.

I never really got that impression.  In the beginning she'd go on and on about her mom then it eventually went to Trevor this and Trevor that. . .Trevor, Trevor, Trevor.  Her going on and on about the family was one of the big reasons why I started avoiding her shows.  Best of luck to her, though, as she starts this new journey.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Jill's Last Show

[ Edited ]

@Shogirl wrote:

I'm retiring at the end of June with 44 years of service with the same company.  You know when it's time to go...  and so, I think, does Jill. 

@ShogirlMajor Congratulations to you after 44 years....that indeed is a lifetime. You deserve to have the rest of your life to be as you so desire! The best of everything to you and your future retirement venture!

Valued Contributor

Her son and step-daughter were on her anniversary show.  Her Mom has been on her shows a few times.

I just retired with 53 years with the same company.  I'm getting used to sleeping late!

Frequent Contributor

As the old saying goes "Nothing stays the same!"

Valued Contributor

Difficult for long time customers to see long time hosts retire but there is always change in life.  But I think Jill was on with Judith Ripka recently and she said she might not be at qvc another twenty years but possibly five would seem more reasonable.  Maybe her family heard that and objected to five...who knows?

Honored Contributor

Re: Jill's Last Show

[ Edited ]

@MUO wrote:

I have a different opinion and will probably be criticized here but Jill was not a favorite of mine.  I suspect that others feel the same including those managing QVC.  

She isn't a top favorite of mine., but she does a great job when she hosts alone. (only time I watch her)

She know the products, and is professional. Her downfall  (like many other hosts), is that she don't let the vendor speak much. I wish her well.

I think they are slowly weeding out the old timers. The are going in a different direction, and also want to pay smaller salaries/give less perks.

Valued Contributor

DVR it

Valued Contributor

Jill was the best and my favorite

Honored Contributor

I still think Jill is getting out while the getting is good.  I definitely think something changed between her anniversary show last year and now that made her want to leave.  I think QVC is going in a direction she's not happy about.  Heck based on the comments on these boards and a few others, many customers aren't happy with the direction QVC is going either.  I look for other hosts to be exiting QVC soon as well.

I don't find it the least bit odd that her family will not be on the show.  I also don't expect a bunch of other hosts or vendors to make an appearance. I think there will be some taped segments by hosts and possibly vendors wishing her well.  David did her 25th anniversary show with her to it makes sense he would do his final show with her.

Whatever she chooses to do, I wish her luck.  She seems so much more relaxed and happy now that she made her announcement.     

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I still think Jill is getting out while the getting is good.  I definitely think something changed between her anniversary show last year and now that made her want to leave.  I think QVC is going in a direction she's not happy about.  Heck based on the comments on these boards and a few others, many customers aren't happy with the direction QVC is going either.  I look for other hosts to be exiting QVC soon as well.

I don't find it the least bit odd that her family will not be on the show.  I also don't expect a bunch of other hosts or vendors to make an appearance. I think there will be some taped segments by hosts and possibly vendors wishing her well.  David did her 25th anniversary show with her to it makes sense he would do his final show with her.

Whatever she chooses to do, I wish her luck.  She seems so much more relaxed and happy now that she made her announcement.     

@Lipstickdiva  How right you are and I am one of those customers disliking the direction QVC has taken which has led to very limited tuning in....the programming stinks and many of the hosts are overwhelming, underwhelming, unprofessional and/or childish.  All this deflates the effect QVC used to have with the viewing public!