Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I'm kind of surprised her family won't be there.  Maybe it will be too emotional for her.

I wish her well!  She's one of my favorites.

She seems to be someone who values and respects the privacy of her family. I admire her for that.

----------------

Have read on these forums that her husband has stated he does not want to be on QVC television.  And, the kids were just on a short time ago...

I find it interesting and bit bizarre that there is so much speculation as to the reason for her leaving.  I am happy for her and wish her well....she will be missed!

Honored Contributor

The only reason I would speculate that it's not her choice is because of her remarks during her 25th anniversary show.  As another poster pointed out, she commented something to the effect that she planned on being on QVC for many more years (paraphrasing here).  Guess she changed her mind.  I sure will miss her.  She's one of the few hosts I find watchable these days.

Esteemed Contributor

I will not be up but I will DVR it. She is a class act so I hope her last show reflects that. Good luck in your next chapter Jill, thanks for the years we spent together. ❤️😭

Trusted Contributor

I didnt see Jill's anniversary show where she had stated that she would remain with QVC far into the future.  However, I also wondered if her YHWJ shows being move to Q2 weighed heavy on Jill since we all know how passionate she is about this show and about home decorating in general.  

Also, as others have said, things can change quickly.  Maybe since Jill's anniversary show aired, she got an offer to do some type of job involving decorating or marketing home decor....I could really see her going in this direction.  The Q's hours are quite demanding, maybe she got a lucrative offer doing something she loves (maybe in the realm of home decorating) that would allow her more reasonable hours with weekends off.  I'm just speculating but I could see her going in this direction.  

I will truly miss her but wish her the best.  As  others have also commented, since Jill made the announcement of her departure from QVC, I agree that she seems very at peace with this decision, just from observing her on her recent programs.  

Respected Contributor
Show is too late for me to watch. One thing for sure, Jill leaving certainly has taken precedence over the attention given to LisaR on these forums. ROFLOL
Trusted Contributor

I'm retiring at the end of June with 44 years of service with the same company.  You know when it's time to go...  and so, I think, does Jill. 

Respected Contributor

@corita: I couldn't agree more! She said her family will not be present on her last show. That's that, as far as I'm concerned. Why all the speculation???  There's also lots of speculation about the "real" reason she is leaving QVC. Jill gave us her reason. It should be good enough. 

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I'm retiring at the end of June with 44 years of service with the same company.  You know when it's time to go...  and so, I think, does Jill. 

--------

That's impressive @Shogirl . I made it 37 years with the same company. Not many people are that loyal to their one and only employer. I hope Jill does something with home decor in the future.

Frequent Contributor

I have a different opinion and will probably be criticized here but Jill was not a favorite of mine.  I suspect that others feel the same including those managing QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Her family will not be seen on her sendoff show? More reason why I think her contract, for whatever reason, was not renewed.

Every body is not Jane lol