Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 492
Registered: ‎06-30-2014

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar


@LipstickDiva wrote:

The thing is, Jill never said she was retiring and she never said she was leaving just to spend time with her family. She always said she was moving on to something else but didn't know yet what that would be.

 

I follow Jill on social media and I've been reading the comments.  I never saw her jump down anyone's throat when they mentioned retiring, just setting the facts straight that that isn't what is happening.  I think since Jill made the announcement, she seems much more happy and relaxed.  Like a huge burden has been lifted off her shoulders.

 

 

I'm not sure why part of this looks bolded.  I can't undo that.

 


@LipstickDiva  Not a big deal but your first paragraph looks as though it is a different size font from the rest of the post, this could make it look bold.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,684
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar


@January121 wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

Jill is retiring to spend more time with her family.  Why would anyone think Laura would be hiring Jill? 

 

 

@Equuleus ..... don’t let Jill hear you say that she is retiring..... I sent her a “Conratultions on your retirement”  note on Facebook & she quickly jumped down my throat & said that she is NOT RETIRING but merely leaving to pursue other interest ..... the tone of her note sounded a bit angry .... that’s the last note that I send her 🙃


 


@January121    sounds just like Jill to me ,   She has always  had this edge about her , sharp tongue.     When she announced she was leaving to spend time with her family it leads one to believe she is retiring for now anyways.   I see nothing wrong with you wishing her well.   it wasnt very gracious  of her ,  she should have just said thank you.  She cares about how she's perceived is what I feel.   Wanting people to think it's her decision and maybe it is , but if she's being forced out she doesn't want it known.  It's been mentioned that she seems so happy and upbeat now ,  I beileve its a little too forced 😉

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,684
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar


@SPURT wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

Jill is retiring to spend more time with her family.  Why would anyone think Laura would be hiring Jill? 

 

 

@Equuleus ..... don’t let Jill hear you say that she is retiring..... I sent her a “Conratultions on your retirement”  note on Facebook & she quickly jumped down my throat & said that she is NOT RETIRING but merely leaving to pursue other interest ..... the tone of her note sounded a bit angry .... that’s the last note that I send her 🙃


 


@January121 

 

That's Jill---- she can be a bit persnickety....I remember she did a jewelry show awhile way back...she snapped at the cameraman--"why are you showing the earrings on me, show it on the models that's what they get paid for".....she wasn't joking and said it in a mean tone--WHEW!!!

 

 

Although I must say she is always well prepared in her presentations....one of the few hosts that knows her products....I will miss that...


@SPURT   Persnickety is a good word ,  best way to put it.   I will always remember when Jill first started she just started her presentation of whatever the  item was and there was this loud sound off to the side like someone was working on a set and maybe something fell,   and Jill was really mad and yelled " I'm doing a show here ,  this is ridiculous ". !!!!   She was MAD !   Never forgot that and that's why I've always been skeptical of her .   I don't find her genuine.   That's just my opinion.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 243
Registered: ‎01-18-2016

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

@SPURT and @January121  yes I have seen that side of Jill. Around 7 years ago, I had QVC on in the background on low volume. I was reading on the couch. Tara of Temptations was presenting and Jill was the host. I can hear them talking but wasn't listening. Then all of a sudden, I hear an angry tone of voice. It was Jill snapping back at people who were complaining on social media about the painting / decoration of the pieces not being identical. 

 

She was saying that each Temptations piece is hand painted and because of that, they are not identical. She said it in such a hostile manner, it caught me off guard.

Super Contributor
Posts: 494
Registered: ‎05-21-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

I don't get all of this speculation about why Jil is leaving. She is leaving. She said that she is leaving. That is all she needs to say. She must be about 50 now and has worked at QVC for 25 years. That's a long time to work for one company is this day and age. People change careers for lots of reasons. I would thik that after considering all of her options she decided that this is a good time to try something else. She has probably made lots of connections over the years. Good for her. I wish her well in her future endeavors. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,955
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@SPURT wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

Jill is retiring to spend more time with her family.  Why would anyone think Laura would be hiring Jill? 

 

 

@Equuleus ..... don’t let Jill hear you say that she is retiring..... I sent her a “Conratultions on your retirement”  note on Facebook & she quickly jumped down my throat & said that she is NOT RETIRING but merely leaving to pursue other interest ..... the tone of her note sounded a bit angry .... that’s the last note that I send her 🙃


 


@January121 

 

That's Jill---- she can be a bit persnickety....I remember she did a jewelry show awhile way back...she snapped at the cameraman--"why are you showing the earrings on me, show it on the models that's what they get paid for".....she wasn't joking and said it in a mean tone--WHEW!!!

 

 

Although I must say she is always well prepared in her presentations....one of the few hosts that knows her products....I will miss that...


@SPURT   Persnickety is a good word ,  best way to put it.   I will always remember when Jill first started she just started her presentation of whatever the  item was and there was this loud sound off to the side like someone was working on a set and maybe something fell,   and Jill was really mad and yelled " I'm doing a show here ,  this is ridiculous ". !!!!   She was MAD !   Never forgot that and that's why I've always been skeptical of her .   I don't find her genuine.   That's just my opinion.


@Kitty Galore 

 

Ive watched shows where the behind the scene crew was moving merchandise on or off the set and you heard a crash and the host's first thought was...."is everyone okay?"...I guess for some, the show must go on........Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,170
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar


@wishmoon wrote:

@SPURT wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

The last two female hosts of long standing who left- petite redhead whose name I have forgotten and now Jill- both have given the same "reason" for leaving. Convenient that both have children still living at home.

 

I hold the belief that their contracts were not renewed. Both had reduced hours prior to their departure, working more weekends, Q2, etc. I would think non compete and non disclosures are required as they depart.


@queendiva 

 

The amusing one was Albany who like Sharon and Jill gave the same "reason" and then promptly took off for Australia to temporarily work for a vendor and is now working for a vendor selling jewelry on Evine......so much for "spending time with the family".....


 

Didn't Albany do a show and leave the same day or am I thinking of somebody else? I think the "family" reason is used a lot, sometimes being true, sometimes not, because who's to know the difference? It's really none of our business.


@wishmoon, both Albany and Jacque G. did shows and then after the show, they were gone.  

 

Sharon actually announced she was leaving, like Jill. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 660
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar


@queendiva wrote:

The last two female hosts of long standing who left- petite redhead whose name I have forgotten and now Jill- both have given the same "reason" for leaving. Convenient that both have children still living at home.

 

I hold the belief that their contracts were not renewed. Both had reduced hours prior to their departure, working more weekends, Q2, etc. I would think non compete and non disclosures are required as they depart.


There has to be a huge non-disclosure clause in their contract. Only Kathy Levine wrote a tell-all book many years ago. 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 127
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

I think QVC will be eventually be getting rid of all the old hosts.  They are cleaning house.

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎10-23-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

Glad Jill is leaving.  She is so snippy on air.  Can't watch her segments.