Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,006
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

Jill is retiring to spend more time with her family.  Why would anyone think Laura would be hiring Jill? 

 

 

@Equuleus ..... don’t let Jill hear you say that she is retiring..... I sent her a “Conratultions on your retirement”  note on Facebook & she quickly jumped down my throat & said that she is NOT RETIRING but merely leaving to pursue other interest ..... the tone of her note sounded a bit angry .... that’s the last note that I send her 🙃


 


@January121 

 

That's Jill---- she can be a bit persnickety....I remember she did a jewelry show awhile way back...she snapped at the cameraman--"why are you showing the earrings on me, show it on the models that's what they get paid for".....she wasn't joking and said it in a mean tone--WHEW!!!

 

 

Although I must say she is always well prepared in her presentations....one of the few hosts that knows her products....I will miss that...

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Valued Contributor
Posts: 879
Registered: ‎08-14-2013

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar


@SPURT wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

The last two female hosts of long standing who left- petite redhead whose name I have forgotten and now Jill- both have given the same "reason" for leaving. Convenient that both have children still living at home.

 

I hold the belief that their contracts were not renewed. Both had reduced hours prior to their departure, working more weekends, Q2, etc. I would think non compete and non disclosures are required as they depart.


@queendiva 

 

The amusing one was Albany who like Sharon and Jill gave the same "reason" and then promptly took off for Australia to temporarily work for a vendor and is now working for a vendor selling jewelry on Evine......so much for "spending time with the family".....


 

Didn't Albany do a show and leave the same day or am I thinking of somebody else? I think the "family" reason is used a lot, sometimes being true, sometimes not, because who's to know the difference? It's really none of our business.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,006
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar


@wishmoon wrote:

@SPURT wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

The last two female hosts of long standing who left- petite redhead whose name I have forgotten and now Jill- both have given the same "reason" for leaving. Convenient that both have children still living at home.

 

I hold the belief that their contracts were not renewed. Both had reduced hours prior to their departure, working more weekends, Q2, etc. I would think non compete and non disclosures are required as they depart.


@queendiva 

 

The amusing one was Albany who like Sharon and Jill gave the same "reason" and then promptly took off for Australia to temporarily work for a vendor and is now working for a vendor selling jewelry on Evine......so much for "spending time with the family".....


 

Didn't Albany do a show and leave the same day or am I thinking of somebody else? I think the "family" reason is used a lot, sometimes being true, sometimes not, because who's to know the difference? It's really none of our business.


@wishmoon 

 

I know Dave James did a show and even mentioned when his next show was and told everyone he'd see them then..but ...boom...he was gone ..... 

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,790
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

Maybe as their contracts come up, QVC is not being as "generous" with increases and perks.    I think QVC isn't doing well at all.  Those of us that have been shopping for 20+ years notice a huge difference and it isn't for the better.  Many of the shows are just annoying, not a pleasant experience to watch.   When shows were less "frantic", it was nice to fill time by sitting and watching and many times I would see something that was so different and something I liked and needed or wanted.  Order was placed.  That is no longer the case.  Channel changing is more the usual now.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎03-30-2012

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

Right on spurt! Jill is always well prepared but a bit persnickety. And on another note, I loved Dave James! I thought he was the best male host. But they gave him horrible shifts.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,126
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

@SPURT  ... THANKS!  for your note 🥰

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,094
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar


@Linda in Ca wrote:

I heard Jill also say she would be available in 5 weeks.  I sure hope she is not leaving, but if she is I hope she is going to do something fun.


She is leaving... but why would she want another job right Away?  

A&L
New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎05-02-2019

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

QVC needs to evaluate their hosts. Jill, Sharon, Dan Wheeler and Cathy Pedrayes were truly professional.
The newer hosts are quite annoying and I have decided to curtail my spending at the Q. I need good information when shopping not silly nonsense.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 245
Registered: ‎01-18-2016

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

I was watching Jill when she announced she was leaving QVC. I did not get the impression she was retiring. Age 49/50 seems too young to retire. If a person can afford it, good for them. I see her taking a job that allows her more time with family. Being a QVC host has got to be a grueling job.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 767
Registered: ‎01-21-2011

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

@kelshar I greatly admire Jill and her presentations.  She is an asset to QVC.  However, I have worked with at least 3 people during my working years that used the "spend more time with family" reason for leaving.  In every case that was not the real reason.  I know no one who can leave a 6 figure income job w/o that affecting their family's lifestyle.  In any case, this is still QVC's loss.