Honored Contributor

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

Jill is retiring to spend more time with her family.  Why would anyone think Laura would be hiring Jill? 

@Equuleus ..... don’t let Jill hear you say that she is retiring..... I sent her a “Conratultions on your retirement”  note on Facebook & she quickly jumped down my throat & said that she is NOT RETIRING but merely leaving to pursue other interest ..... the tone of her note sounded a bit angry .... that’s the last note that I send her 🙃

@January121 

That's Jill---- she can be a bit persnickety....I remember she did a jewelry show awhile way back...she snapped at the cameraman--"why are you showing the earrings on me, show it on the models that's what they get paid for".....she wasn't joking and said it in a mean tone--WHEW!!!

Although I must say she is always well prepared in her presentations....one of the few hosts that knows her products....I will miss that...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

The last two female hosts of long standing who left- petite redhead whose name I have forgotten and now Jill- both have given the same "reason" for leaving. Convenient that both have children still living at home.

I hold the belief that their contracts were not renewed. Both had reduced hours prior to their departure, working more weekends, Q2, etc. I would think non compete and non disclosures are required as they depart.

@queendiva 

The amusing one was Albany who like Sharon and Jill gave the same "reason" and then promptly took off for Australia to temporarily work for a vendor and is now working for a vendor selling jewelry on Evine......so much for "spending time with the family".....

Didn't Albany do a show and leave the same day or am I thinking of somebody else? I think the "family" reason is used a lot, sometimes being true, sometimes not, because who's to know the difference? It's really none of our business.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

The last two female hosts of long standing who left- petite redhead whose name I have forgotten and now Jill- both have given the same "reason" for leaving. Convenient that both have children still living at home.

I hold the belief that their contracts were not renewed. Both had reduced hours prior to their departure, working more weekends, Q2, etc. I would think non compete and non disclosures are required as they depart.

@queendiva 

The amusing one was Albany who like Sharon and Jill gave the same "reason" and then promptly took off for Australia to temporarily work for a vendor and is now working for a vendor selling jewelry on Evine......so much for "spending time with the family".....

Didn't Albany do a show and leave the same day or am I thinking of somebody else? I think the "family" reason is used a lot, sometimes being true, sometimes not, because who's to know the difference? It's really none of our business.

@wishmoon 

I know Dave James did a show and even mentioned when his next show was and told everyone he'd see them then..but ...boom...he was gone ..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Maybe as their contracts come up, QVC is not being as "generous" with increases and perks.    I think QVC isn't doing well at all.  Those of us that have been shopping for 20+ years notice a huge difference and it isn't for the better.  Many of the shows are just annoying, not a pleasant experience to watch.   When shows were less "frantic", it was nice to fill time by sitting and watching and many times I would see something that was so different and something I liked and needed or wanted.  Order was placed.  That is no longer the case.  Channel changing is more the usual now.

Trusted Contributor
Right on spurt! Jill is always well prepared but a bit persnickety. And on another note, I loved Dave James! I thought he was the best male host. But they gave him horrible shifts.
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  ... THANKS!  for your note 🥰

Honored Contributor

@Laughable wrote:

I heard Jill also say she would be available in 5 weeks.  I sure hope she is not leaving, but if she is I hope she is going to do something fun.

She is leaving... but why would she want another job right Away?  

New Contributor
QVC needs to evaluate their hosts. Jill, Sharon, Dan Wheeler and Cathy Pedrayes were truly professional.
The newer hosts are quite annoying and I have decided to curtail my spending at the Q. I need good information when shopping not silly nonsense.
Super Contributor

I was watching Jill when she announced she was leaving QVC. I did not get the impression she was retiring. Age 49/50 seems too young to retire. If a person can afford it, good for them. I see her taking a job that allows her more time with family. Being a QVC host has got to be a grueling job.

Valued Contributor

@kelshar I greatly admire Jill and her presentations.  She is an asset to QVC.  However, I have worked with at least 3 people during my working years that used the "spend more time with family" reason for leaving.  In every case that was not the real reason.  I know no one who can leave a 6 figure income job w/o that affecting their family's lifestyle.  In any case, this is still QVC's loss.