Esteemed Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

Jill is retiring to spend more time with her family.  Why would anyone think Laura would be hiring Jill? 

@Equuleus ..... don’t let Jill hear you say that she is retiring..... I sent her a “Conratultions on your retirement”  note on Facebook & she quickly jumped down my throat & said that she is NOT RETIRING but merely leaving to pursue other interest ..... the tone of her note sounded a bit angry .... that’s the last note that I send her 🙃

Respected Contributor

I had Jill on this afternoon .. and thought she looked absolutely fabulous ..

I don't know if it was her make up .. but her skin looked especially great ..

and she did seem very happy ....

she just looked wonderful ..

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

The last two female hosts of long standing who left- petite redhead whose name I have forgotten and now Jill- both have given the same "reason" for leaving. Convenient that both have children still living at home.

I hold the belief that their contracts were not renewed. Both had reduced hours prior to their departure, working more weekends, Q2, etc. I would think non compete and non disclosures are required as they depart.

I take Jill are her word when she says she wants to spend more time with her husband and children.  But I guess folks are going to speculate that something else is going.  Who knows?  Twenty-five years is a long time to stand in front of a TV camera and sell, sell, sell. 

Trusted Contributor

@KentuckyWoman, may Jill and her family receive all the blessngs and happiness they deserve. Jill was def an asset to the Q. Personally, I tried to watch all hosting programs she featured. Jill was always honest and the shows were well described. The shows were not about Jill. She is a Great sweet girl. Perhaps the Q needs to inform other hosts they need to act as Jill. Prepared and  professional. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

[ Edited ]

The thing is, Jill never said she was retiring and she never said she was leaving just to spend time with her family. She always said she was moving on to something else but didn't know yet what that would be.

I follow Jill on social media and I've been reading the comments.  I never saw her jump down anyone's throat when they mentioned retiring, just setting the facts straight that that isn't what is happening.  I think since Jill made the announcement, she seems much more happy and relaxed.  Like a huge burden has been lifted off her shoulders.

I'm not sure why part of this looks bolded.  I can't undo that.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe both Sharon and Jill .

Nonrenewal of a contract isn't always one sided.  Neither would have stayed around if the choice wasn't to a large extent theirs.

Honored Contributor

I would think Jill will do some other type of work and not be retired.  Probably a different type of career will give her more time with her family.   Many other types of work would probably be more "regular" hours and not different schedules every week.  I wish her well.  It is QVC's loss as she is one of their best hosts.

Super Contributor
What i read into the comment was as we all have been informed is that Jill is retiring period from her job at the Q after 25 years. It was a bit of humor to L G that she will be available in 5 weeks after her leaving. Perhaps taking all that is said by the hosts in a presentation so literally is a bit much. I would listen to what Jill posts on her facebook or her blogs. Even if she did join the Gellar team, which i doubt what would be the sin in that . She will then be a free agent as is Dan who is selling food ....
Esteemed Contributor

I can think of a couple of other hosts I'd like to see leave other than Jill.  It seems they're given all kinds of shows while Jill is hardly seen.  Maybe she wanted it that way. Whatever,I wish her well. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Jill & Laura Gellar

[ Edited ]

@queendiva wrote:

The last two female hosts of long standing who left- petite redhead whose name I have forgotten and now Jill- both have given the same "reason" for leaving. Convenient that both have children still living at home.

I hold the belief that their contracts were not renewed. Both had reduced hours prior to their departure, working more weekends, Q2, etc. I would think non compete and non disclosures are required as they depart.

@queendiva 

The amusing one was Albany who like Sharon gave the same "reason" and then Albany promptly took off for Australia to temporarily work for a vendor and is now working for a vendor selling jewelry on Evine......so much for "spending time with the family".....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”