Trusted Contributor
Jill is on with Laura Gellar right now. She was explaining something & Laura said, that's why I adore you. Jill said, thanks, I'm available in five weeks. Then Jill laughed hysterically. It was a very funny, cute moment. So whatever the reason she's leaving, she seems in very good spirits. Did anyone else see this?
New Contributor

I heard Jill also say she would be available in 5 weeks.  I sure hope she is not leaving, but if she is I hope she is going to do something fun.

Respected Contributor

@Laughable wrote:

I heard Jill also say she would be available in 5 weeks.  I sure hope she is not leaving, but if she is I hope she is going to do something fun.

@Laughable Jill announced three weeks ago she has resigned and will be leaving QVC on June 12.  :-(

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @bobby5  I was in the kitchen and heard a huge roar of laughter

and wasn't sure what was so funny between them.

Will miss Jill, one of the best on QVC.

Valued Contributor

LG was demonstrating an item and Jill explained something.  LG said jokingly "that's why I hired you".  To which Jill replied she was available in 5 weeks.  QVC's loss.

Trusted Contributor

Jill is retiring to spend more time with her family.  Why would anyone think Laura would be hiring Jill? 

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus  IMO when people leave a job they almost always say it's for family reasons.  Whether it is or not, doesn't matter.  And if Jill winds up working for someone else, more power to her.

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Equuleus  IMO when people leave a job they almost always say it's for family reasons.  Whether it is or not, doesn't matter.  And if Jill winds up working for someone else, more power to her.

It doesn't matter.  But people read too much into what is said.  I personally don't care what she does.  I don't see her in a position working for Laura Geller, whatever that would be. 

Trusted Contributor
Jill isn't working for Laura Geller. It was a joke...just a lighthearted moment I wanted to pass on.
Esteemed Contributor

The last two female hosts of long standing who left- petite redhead whose name I have forgotten and now Jill- both have given the same "reason" for leaving. Convenient that both have children still living at home.

I hold the belief that their contracts were not renewed. Both had reduced hours prior to their departure, working more weekends, Q2, etc. I would think non compete and non disclosures are required as they depart.