Contributor

Not a fan of Jill Martin. I have purchased several GILI items since first introduced by LR, mainly handbags, and they’ve been fine. Jill comes across as pretentious and self-absorbed. I think we know she has another job, but I’m amused that she feels the need to subtly support that by her very high end designer accessories, like today’s Gucci belt, while on air. C’mon, Jill...its QVC. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Jill Martin for GILI on Q2

I agree about the Gucci belt! I mean, she comes on tv to hock the “high end line of GILI” while wearing her Gucci belt.  At least put on a GILI belt when you’re selling all the GILI stuff.  I did like the crossbody bag but I didn’t  see that it had RFID protection so I passed.  

Trusted Contributor

I think it's OK for her to wear her own clothing.  I love her belt.  Why would you care what she owns.  No one needs to approve of what she dresses in.  The belt shows she has taste.

Valued Contributor

@Equuleus- I don’t care what she owns so back off and stop putting words in my mouth.  I like the belt too but I’m just saying when she’s presenting GILI items- why not wear a GILI belt. It’s like when in Rome kinda thing. 

Valued Contributor

I think it's fine too.  This isn't the first time she's worn it.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Glitter51 wrote:

@Equuleus- I don’t care what she owns so back off and stop putting words in my mouth.  I like the belt too but I’m just saying when she’s presenting GILI items- why not wear a GILI belt. It’s like when in Rome kinda thing. 

"Back off and stop putting words in my mouth."  I put no words in your mouth, and my response was to the OP and not you. 

"Why not wear a GILI belt?"   Cuz she can.  Pretty simple.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never purchased anything from the GILI line, ever.  Now that Jill is presenting, or has anything at all to do with it, I definitely won't.  She just totally rubs me the wrong way.  Won't watch her and won't buy, even if I did happen to see something I like.

We all have vendors and hosts that we like and are more likely to trust and therefore buy from.  That is just the way it is.  BTW, I don't care what anyone wears when they are selling.  I have no idea what a Gucci belt looks like.  But it WOULD make sense to wear something that QVC sells.  However some of the vendors and hosts seem to lack common sense.  Wearing something really expensive on air is fine, but why do it if some people are going to perceive it as bragging or showing off?  That is a turn off to some people (which of course is their problem).  

It is like they are implying that QVC merchandise is good enough for you (the audience), but not for me (Jill Martin.)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I don't care for her or the GILI line.  Don't watch the shows anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I find Jill to be extremely pretentious and highly unlikeable.  On the Today Show she is exceptionally condescending to the Ambush Makeover guests; it's no wonder she and Shawn are so close.

Honored Contributor

Never bought a thing from the "GILI" line, no matter who is or was the host. If nothing else, I thought the name of the line was one of the "silliest" names for a product that I ever heard of.  JMHO.