Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer

I was sorry I read the  negative comment stating that "perhaps it was suggested that she retire."   I doubt that was the case, and it is QVC's loss that she is leaving.  I wish her much happiness with her family.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I was sorry I read the  negative comment stating that "perhaps it was suggested that she retire."   I doubt that was the case, and it is QVC's loss that she is leaving.  I wish her much happiness with her family.

I don't think that post was negative.

QVC has been working the older hosts very hard lately.  QVC is making them earn their big money now.

If a host is not on board with the changes, they have to decide what works for them.

Jill's Facebook message was contradictory, if you really pay attention.

Contributor

I didn't think Jill's statement was contradictory in any way. She was very gracious in my opinion. I guess I look more on the positive side than some so I wasn't looking for hidden messages or innuendos at all. To me it was just what it sounded like. 

New Contributor

David won't be leaving anytime soon - he has just been given more shows = more hours on air, and for what he is specifically required to do, his age is more appropriate and more credible than than of a relatively inexperienced youngster.

New Contributor

No need for "there isn't a good one in the bunch" when clearly just the opposite it true. You sound foolish.

Respected Contributor

@JHTNYC wrote:

David won't be leaving anytime soon - he has just been given more shows = more hours on air, and for what he is specifically required to do, his age is more appropriate and more credible than than of a relatively inexperienced youngster.

I really worry we will lose Mary Beth and Dan Hughes soon. Both are consumate professionals. I feel we are at the end of an era. Once these icons leave, QVC will no longer be watchable. 

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I had recorded that Philosophy show, but hadn't watched all of it.  I thought Jill looked especially pretty in that pink outfit with the white pants.  Her complexion is always beautiful and she just looked terrific.  When I came to this forum today, I was shocked and disappointed that she was the Jill that was leaving.  (I thought it might be the "GILI Jill" which would have been okay.)   I can truly understand Jill Bauer's reasons for leaving.  I will miss her as I remember her first day at QVC and she has always been so professional and a favorite of mine.   I hope she enjoys her time with her family.  I think her family is very important to her.  I wish her all the best in life and she will truly be missed by QVC viewers.

@Daysdee 

You make an interesting point...bringing up Jill Martin with GILI....she featured some new items from her new home line collection on David's Home Show which is scheduled to debut soon... Personally can't stand Jill Martin from her voice to her presentations.....Woman Tongue  Seems like QVC was was pushing YHWJ out the door...I remember one time during CIJ they canceled it and had JB do a gift show instead...and now banishing YHWJ to awful hours on Q2

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Trusted Contributor

I have long since stopped watching QVC on a regular basis as I once did.  There was a time when it was almost all I watched at night.  I enjoyed the different products and the professional presentations. 

I hate that QVC has descended into the depths of screaming, screeching, fast talking, hard sell, prancing about, and tell all, marketing station.  

Jill was, as another poster described her, "solid".  She knew her product, spoke clearly and precisely and  did not showboat during her presentations.  

She was one of the few hosts I was willing to watch and only then if it was a product I was interested in.  

So much for QVC, but I wish Jill all the best.  She is one classy lady.     

Trusted Contributor

@SPURT 

I hate the way QVC has evolved, but I think you are correct.  The "GILI Jill" and Shawn appear to be great friends.  With Shawn being the new self appointed queen of QVC (she seems to be carrying QVC on her back) I am not surprised that they are promoting the"GILI Jill" now.  I loved Jill Bauer's decorating shows when I could catch them, and the products are classy and most are "year round" usable.  I do not like "trendy" decorating pieces or "trendy" clothing.  Just another reason for me not to waste my time trying to watch and enjoy QVC.  

Trusted Contributor

I watched Jill's announcement live and also viewed her Facebook statement. I didn't hear anything contradictory, although it wasn't her on air announcement verbatim.

Maybe I need to play it backwards to hear the secret messages?