Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer

I wish her the best and she is leaving on a high note.  I understand Jill wants to have time to be with her family and that is fine.  I'm sure a lot of thought was put into the decision.  

Her time will be her own to do as she pleases, , to devote time to family and friends and not have to stick to a schedule !

We leave behind lots of great memories but we also move forward to make new ones!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Sad isn’t that Jill Bauer is leaving but 25 years of unstable hours and with a family life would be hard.  I don’t blame her.  Jill has a sweet ,charming personable personality that shines. I’m happy for her and I’ll miss her kind face and heart. But I wish you well Jill and send you Blessing good health and I believe your doing the right thing. Enjoy your life. Enjoy your children. You’ve earned it. Put your feet up and let the sun shine upon you 🙏💕♥️🌷. 

Regular Contributor

I was sad to hear this. She has always been my very favorite. I have enjoyed her soft, smooth, sweet & professional style over the years.  I will truly miss her, but I believe that she is doing the right thing by wanting to spend more quality time with her loved ones.  Life is all about priorities.

Valued Contributor

Maybe Jill just wants to do something else and is bored. 25 years is a long time in the industry and she doesnt want to regret not doing something else.
Respected Contributor

Im sad to see her go. I liked her shows an she was a host I could watch. She was always well prepared an didn't use crazy antics to sell items.

I remember her hosting a food show once and she cometted how much she loved her job and would never quit. I wonder if she was offered an early retirement package? I know her step daughter is already in college. 

I suppose they are making room for a brand new cast of show hosts and weeding out all the great ones. When all the 'old timers'are gone I for one will not be watching. There isn't a good one in the bunch.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

I just watched as Jill announed she is leaving the Q June 12th. I have to say I'm going to be sad to see her go.....

Wow she is one of the really good hosts.  I have always loved her voice.  She will really be missed.  But good for her that she can retire.  I think the hosts jobs can be grueling.  I remember when Lisa left she commented on how there were endless meetings.  I know they get a lot of perks with the job, they all seem to take nice vacations. However doing this type of job for over 20 years would be enough.  I wish her happiness and contentment.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wishing Jill,

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1318/1318995ogttscqdfh.gif

Respected Contributor

Here goes another top notch host!!  I didn't like it when she was shuffled over to Q2 for her "You're Home w/Jill" show.  I wondered then if she would tolerate that.  I think Q is trying to push the older, much more talented, hosts out.

However, I understand her reasons.  Her Mom is getting older and her Dad is gone, Trevor playing baseball and Kylie in college.  I understand.  I will miss her terribly. 

Respected Contributor

I will miss Jill too, but since I watch very little programming anymore, I don’t even remember the last time I saw her. It seems the shows I felt were her niche, jewelry and home, have been put on the back burner, and I don’t watch the other Q channels. I hope she enjoys every single moment when she doesn’t have to set the alarm for some crazy shift. Wishing her the best!

Honored Contributor

I had recorded that Philosophy show, but hadn't watched all of it.  I thought Jill looked especially pretty in that pink outfit with the white pants.  Her complexion is always beautiful and she just looked terrific.  When I came to this forum today, I was shocked and disappointed that she was the Jill that was leaving.  (I thought it might be the "GILI Jill" which would have been okay.)   I can truly understand Jill Bauer's reasons for leaving.  I will miss her as I remember her first day at QVC and she has always been so professional and a favorite of mine.   I hope she enjoys her time with her family.  I think her family is very important to her.  I wish her all the best in life and she will truly be missed by QVC viewers.