Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer to represent mystery product

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I thought she left to go spend time with family??

She mentioned spending more time with her family. She never said that she was never going to work again. it is obviously possible to do both.

My point was that going to spend time with family is the excuse they use for leaving.  I never expected her to be unemployed - and she was too young for retirement.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Based on a Facebook response this afternoon, it appears she will likely be the brand ambassador for something connected to jewelry.

Which Facebook response?

Trusted Contributor

The unpredictable hours from week to week as a host can be hard - I think she said she missed out on a lot because of it. As someone who likes a set Monday-Friday work schedule, I know I wouldn’t like it.
Respected Contributor

I wonder if, since I think she still lives nearby, she'll actually be physically in the studio rather than on Zoom or whatever they use?

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

Based on a Facebook response this afternoon, it appears she will likely be the brand ambassador for something connected to jewelry.

Which Facebook response?

I'd like to know this too.  A jewelry gig would be much more interesting than plants or mattresses, that's for sure.

Jill was always my favorite Q host.  I didn't mind her not particularly warm demeanor.  I got turned off when she left the Q (and while she was in the process of leaving), and she was suddenly warm and fuzzy.  It was an obvious and fake attempt to draw people into her "second chapter."  I can handle "cool"; I'm turned off by "fake."  Sorry, Jill.

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon

Wow you really explained Jill's demeanor well.
Respected Contributor

@@faeriemoon and Bobby 5 .. you were right on point about Jill and her demeanor . She became very phony at the end, “suddenly” tried to become warmer, relatable, and more connected to the tv viewing public and certainly, was phony on air w/ her Hoda and Jenna happy housewife segments. I don’t believe a word she says now. She’s an operator.. Lol
Contributor

I have always liked Jill and had heard that her husband had some connection with the Q.  I applaud all efforts to expand horizons especially after such a long career stint doing the same thing over and over again.  I know other hosts have gone on to do blogs and switched to other shopping networks etc.  I also know that many retailers haven't done well during the pandemic so it doesn't surprise me that she would come back to rep a line with the Q at all.  I think that stints on TV like the Today Show are good branding opportunities but I'm not sure they are financially stable.  Lisa Robertson does this in some markets too. So I am happy for Jill and I will watch as it will be good to see her.

Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@@faeriemoon and Bobby 5 .. you were right on point about Jill and her demeanor . She became very phony at the end, “suddenly” tried to become warmer, relatable, and more connected to the tv viewing public and certainly, was phony on air w/ her Hoda and Jenna happy housewife segments. I don’t believe a word she says now. She’s an operator.. Lol

I never cared for her and never bought her 'straight shooter' act. As I've said many times before, she was there to sell just like the rest of them and could gild the lily with the best of them. Don't miss her, don't follow her and not planning to watch her return, no matter what she's selling.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Good for Jill and I wish her success in this new chapter of her journey,  whatever it may be.  How sad that so many are cynical and suspicious of others' motivations.

Many former hosts reappear as product representatives,  particularly at HSN: Connie Carroll, Bill Green,  Brett Chuckerman, Kathy Wolfe,  Anji Corley, Stella Riches...I'm sure that there are others.