Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer to represent mystery product

@sann Question not directed at you.

Respected Contributor

@amyb   I agree with you. Looking back on the hosts that I remember who are now representing or who have represented products in the past,  Laurie Shore, Kathy Levine, Kim Parrish, Dan Wheeler and  Lisa Mason are the ones that come to mind.  I see nothing unusual about this.  

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Interesting how so many former QVC hosts just can't stay away. 🙄

Why not. Just like any other job situation...you leverage the skills, contacts you have/had. Sometimes that morphs into another job opportunity in a different capacity.

Vendor rep is a natural side-step for former hosts. Much less air-time obligations.

I'm particularly not surprised that Jill is doing this...she loved championing particular products, including some she said she "discovered & brought to the Q", as well as being involved in product development for items that were shown on YHJ. Plus, if I have this right, I thought her husband's business was a management agency for vendor reps.

Just another income stream she can add as she continues to have the freedom to develop her JustJill community, Today show stints, consulting. Why wouldn't she take an opportunity she's excited about doing.

@amyb  Why not?  Well I get the impression that they want to leave Q, they do, and then they really never "make it" doing something else.

Esteemed Contributor

Based on a Facebook response this afternoon, it appears she will likely be the brand ambassador for something connected to jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Based on a Facebook response this afternoon, it appears she will likely be the brand ambassador for something connected to jewelry.

If it is jewelry, my guess would be JAI jewelry. She loves that line. The other option is Judith Ripka.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Pearlee   I imagine that the former hosts are paid well to represent a company. This way they are not working for QVC and can do other things while not spending o much time with QVC.

Actually, given that several have moved from product line to product line, I believe some of them do work for and are assigned a brand by QVC. Others clearly work for the company they represent. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

She posted on social media yesterday (I think) that it was her birthday and she had some very exciting news to share.  She said to stay tuned today for more details.  

I'm actually a little shocked that she would rep a product line.  Of all the hosts that I thought would have cut ties and been done with this sort of thing, it was Jill.

@Lipstickdiva I'm shocked too!  She came up on my Instagram yesterday and made it sound like her big announcement she was planning to make was a dream come true!!

Seriously, all this fuss about an ex host now becoming a vendor?  Give me a break.  I too thought she'd be done with the selling gig.

I thought 'her dream came true' when did those few five minute happy housewife segments on the Today show... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I thought she left to go spend time with family??

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I thought she left to go spend time with family??

She mentioned spending more time with her family. She never said that she was never going to work again. it is obviously possible to do both.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal

Yeah shouldn't she be at a baseball game?
Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist.