Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer to represent mystery product

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

She posted on social media yesterday (I think) that it was her birthday and she had some very exciting news to share. 

To which Rick Domeier responded: "Happy Birthday! See you soon!" Rick is hosting Scott Living Mattress Sunday at Midnight ET.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

She posted on social media yesterday (I think) that it was her birthday and she had some very exciting news to share.  She said to stay tuned today for more details.  

I'm actually a little shocked that she would rep a product line.  Of all the hosts that I thought would have cut ties and been done with this sort of thing, it was Jill.

@Lipstickdiva Me too! I am rather shocked! Not that its a bad thing, but I just never pictured her doing it.......

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

She posted on social media yesterday (I think) that it was her birthday and she had some very exciting news to share.  She said to stay tuned today for more details.  

I'm actually a little shocked that she would rep a product line.  Of all the hosts that I thought would have cut ties and been done with this sort of thing, it was Jill.

@Lipstickdiva I'm shocked too!  She came up on my Instagram yesterday and made it sound like her big announcement she was planning to make was a dream come true!!

Seriously, all this fuss about an ex host now becoming a vendor?  Give me a break.  I too thought she'd be done with the selling gig.

Honored Contributor

Much as I like and admire Jill, I must admit that her "dream come true" announcement is somewhat of a let-down to me.  I was hoping it would be more in line with a permanent gig on the NBC morning show she's been on periodically. She's a lovely, talented lady.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isnt her husband Doug involved in training or representing vendors for QVC?

A dream come true would have been something permanent on the Today Show, but not a vendor on QVC.  LOL

Super Contributor

I'm thinking it's either The rep for Scott Mattress or Barefoot Dreams as she going to LA for a meeting.  Her "Dream job" is a clue I think.

Honored Contributor

I'm actually not surprised at all.  I think when hosts leave, they have a period of freedom and being fully their own boss.  But the paychecks are less consistent.  Being a vendor rep, and doing basically what she has been doing for the past 20 years or so, offers a bit more of a reliable income stream when mixed with other appearances.    Makes smart sense.

Esteemed Contributor

Jill definitely has a good relationship with the Scott brothers, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if she were working with them. But products from Barefoot Dreams are frequently listed in her "must haves," so that seems like a viable option as well. I suppose we'll see what happens soon enough—and perhaps she is only announcing a future return and not appearing on air as soon as the next week. Regardless, I think it will be nice to have her back at the Q; I always appreciated her preparation, attention to detail, and thoughtfulness in product presentations.

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Isnt her husband Doug involved in training or representing vendors for QVC?

A dream come true would have been something permanent on the Today Show, but not a vendor on QVC.  LOL

His company represents vendors on QVC.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Soon there will be no need for hosts because almost every product now has a representative.  Hosts are there to tell us a color and how many left over and over.