Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer to represent Scott Living Mattress 4/11 on QVC

@Lipstickdiva..I don’t disagree w/ u. In fact I agree w/ u and the last 2 posters @ bobby5 and Bri369. Jill was better off leaving things as it was. I get a paycheck is a paycheck but she sort of looks a bit desperate and grasping at straws, (albeit) mattresses. Lisa would never have made this move. Lol. She’s smarter then that.
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@Lipstickdiva..I don’t disagree w/ u. In fact I agree w/ u and the last 2 posters @ bobby5 and Bri369. Jill was better off leaving things as it was. I get a paycheck is a paycheck but she sort of looks a bit desperate and grasping at straws, (albeit) mattresses. Lisa would never have made this move. Lol. She’s smarter then that.

@KKlim. I agree and posted similar thoughts upthread. It also makes me think that her Today Show gig didn't quite work out for her.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Positively riveting...

Boy do i agree.  Guess her own attempts at branding have not worked out, so back to selling someone else's stuff.  

Respected Contributor

@KKlim wrote:

Lisa Robertson sells other people's merchandise on local Steals and Deals channels. She also makes money hosting cruises for her "tribe" while dressing up like Glinda the Good Witch. After all, a paycheck is a paycheck.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:

I don't think she should have stayed at QVC.  I don't think she's desperate either.  She's probably had enough time off and wanted to get back into working.  Being a vendor is not as time consuming as being a host.

Lisa is working harder now than she was at QVC.  LOL 

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Positively riveting...

Boy do i agree.  Guess her own attempts at branding have not worked out, so back to selling someone else's stuff.  

That electric bill at her Beach House needs to be paid.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Positively riveting...

@Reever  you really seem to have a problem with Jill having a beach house -- you mention it in a derogatory way every time a Jill thread comes up.  Why does that bother you?  

Apparently, Jill & her husband worked their tails off to afford that beach house. That's not such a rare thing.  Kudos to them!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Positively riveting...

@Reever  you really seem to have a problem with Jill having a beach house -- you mention it in a derogatory way every time a Jill thread comes up.  Why does that bother you?  

Apparently, Jill & her husband worked their tails off to afford that beach house. That's not such a rare thing.  Kudos to them!

@Caaareful Shopper , it's like Jealous party of one.  You're table is now ready.  This poster has a real ax to grind over that beach house.  

As you said, it's not like Jill and her husband haven't worked hard to buy what they have.  I wonder if Reever is that mad about Jane Treacy having a shore house or MaryBeth having a second home that I believe is a cabin in MN.  I think there are a number of hosts who have beach or shore houses.  Good for all of them.

There are people who have more than me and people who have less than me.  It's the way things are and will always be.  

Trusted Contributor

Honestly I am kind of disappointed Jill is returning to QVC in this kind of role. When she left she said she wanted a new second act. Shes not hosting but being a brand rep for a product line is kind of a dud gig. I wanted to see her branch away from QVC. I remember when Jane Treacy left for a year and was begging for her job back after 1 year. Lisa would have never done this ever. If she could she could have represented all her favorite brands but she chose to start her own business which is almost five years old. She left the Q almost 6 and half years ago and hasn't made an appearance since.
Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Honestly I am kind of disappointed Jill is returning to QVC in this kind of role. When she left she said she wanted a new second act. Shes not hosting but being a brand rep for a product line is kind of a dud gig. I wanted to see her branch away from QVC. I remember when Jane Treacy left for a year and was begging for her job back after 1 year. Lisa would have never done this ever. If she could she could have represented all her favorite brands but she chose to start her own business which is almost five years old. She left the Q almost 6 and half years ago and hasn't made an appearance since.

Were you in the room when Jane was "begging for her job back?"

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky