Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer to represent Scott Living Mattress 4/11 on QVC

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:
I despise the Scott Brothers. Why would I buy their mattress? I got one at Big Lots five years ago for half the price.

That's a great savings. I did not know that Scott Brothers' mattresses were sold at Big Lots.

It wa a serta - I only buy sertas.  Have been since the 60s

Honored Contributor

Kohl's had their brand and it was obviously not a big seller as our Kohl's had 70-80% off in the clearance section.  Way overpriced IMO 

Never a fan of them anyway ...

Honored Contributor

Positively riveting...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

May I ask why you dspise two people you have probably never met?  I'm sure they are probably great guys whom have done what they needed to do to make a great living for themselves and others. We would all like to be doing what we like and what we are good at, they just have  probably had the best opportunities and a great agent.  I love Jill Bauer and think she will make everything seem more friendly. She also is  juat making a living. These nasty negative posts are very dissappointing.  Just give them a chance. GEEZE!!!

Honored Contributor

I hope it's the Scott brothers. I enjoy them and I enjoy Jill! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer to represent mystery product

LOL @maggi the cat I never minded Jill for the most part. Some times she would get too much into a mode that was annoying but then again, so do most of the hosts. When she was first doing your home with Jill shows, she brought some really unique items and I enjoyed those shows. Then Q morphed it into ALL QVC products and it was much less interesting to me.

I won't be watching because I am not remotely interested in watching/buying a mattress so I'll skip the day of mattresses.

Honored Contributor

I had posted a number of times in the past that I was a huge JB fan.  I like a no nonsense type of a person because that's how I am.  I always felt she got a bad rap because she had a dry sense of humor that some didn't get and/or it didn't come across well.  She did sometimes comes across as very matter of fact.

I'm not a fan of this whole thing.  If you have an announcement to make, just make the announcement.  This has been dragging on for days with various hints and clues and asking people to guess on her social media.  Is it really that big of a deal?  It's a bunch of overblown fan fare for little pay-off.

Last night when Jill posted this photo, there were people who commented about how they wished she was going to be doing something with jewelry and Jill alluded to the fact that it is still a possibility and we should wait and see what else she has up her sleeve. 

I know many disagree but a former host coming back as a vendor?  Groundbreaking.  Not quite the second act I was expecting from her.  What's next?  Infomercials?     

Honored Contributor

All the teasing is such a big turn off.  Just announce it and move on.

She left to do her own thing, which is fine.  I started following her on IG because I liked her as a host.  I just had no interest in her recipes or cleaning tips or anything else, so I unfollowed her. 

I know she didn't  leave QVC on bad terms, but coming back as a vendor for Scott Living doesn't really thrill me in any way. 

Trusted Contributor

Two years ago when Jill announced her "second act," I'm sure even SHE never imagined she'd end up selling mattresses. But a job is a job & a paycheck is a paycheck. She's no different than anyone else...except for all the fanfare she creates!
Honored Contributor

I always thought Jill was a very competent host, always doing her homework for her shows.  I never found her warm or particularly welcoming, but I wasn't watching her shows to become her best friend, so I was generally indifferent to that.  She was pleasant, informed, and usually had very good shows.

I think Jill is a smart, accomplished woman, and I very much applaud her and wish her continued success.  I too followed her social media pages in the beginning (after she left QVC), but I found them too basic and uninteresting for my use, so I unfollowed her some time last year.