Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer to represent mystery product

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

Interesting how so many former QVC hosts just can't stay away. 🙄

Why not. Just like any other job situation...you leverage the skills, contacts you have/had. Sometimes that morphs into another job opportunity in a different capacity.

Vendor rep is a natural side-step for former hosts. Much less air-time obligations.

I'm particularly not surprised that Jill is doing this...she loved championing particular products, including some she said she "discovered & brought to the Q", as well as being involved in product development for items that were shown on YHJ. Plus, if I have this right, I thought her husband's business was a management agency for vendor reps.

Just another income stream she can add as she continues to have the freedom to develop her JustJill community, Today show stints, consulting. Why wouldn't she take an opportunity she's excited about doing.

Respected Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
SOAP ROCKS!

Lol...not sure you're being serious. But I immediately thought of her and SR too.

But "been there done that"...this sounds like something new. She's flying to LA for this project...

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Interesting how so many former QVC hosts just can't stay away. 🙄

Why not. Just like any other job situation...you leverage the skills, contacts you have/had. Sometimes that morphs into another job opportunity in a different capacity.

Vendor rep is a natural side-step for former hosts. Much less air-time obligations.

I'm particularly not surprised that Jill is doing this...she loved championing particular products, including some she said she "discovered & brought to the Q", as well as being involved in product development for items that were shown on YHJ. Plus, if I have this right, I thought her husband's business was a management agency for vendor reps.

Just another income stream she can add as she continues to have the freedom to develop her JustJill community, Today show stints, consulting. Why wouldn't she take an opportunity she's excited about doing.

@amyb   My thoughts exactly 100%.

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised.  I had thought this might happen at some point.

In fact, I've always wondered if some of the hosts have an "understanding" with QVC when they retire to possibly come back in the future as vendor reps.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

Wonder whose idea this was?  Probably the Q trying to boost sales and she was a big seller for them.

@LindaSal I agree with you that QVC sees it as a benefit.  Jill seems to be doing well on her own.  Last time I looked her number of followers had increased and she has the new website.  I've also seen a couple of her Today show segments and thought they were good.  
Trusted Contributor

@amyb

I was kidding🤭
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tadaki wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

Wonder whose idea this was?  Probably the Q trying to boost sales and she was a big seller for them.

@LindaSal I agree with you that QVC sees it as a benefit.  Jill seems to be doing well on her own.  Last time I looked her number of followers had increased and she has the new website.  I've also seen a couple of her Today show segments and thought they were good.  

@Tadaki @LindaSal Agree. Definitely good for QVC to have an already proven, trained, high-selling, trusted and familiar, former host repping a brand. Probably one of their best case scenarios as far as brand ambassadors go.

Regular Contributor

Former hosts just can't give up the gig. Not my fave do I won't be watching.

Esteemed Contributor

Representing mattresses or garden stuff....ZERO interest in buying those products from TV. I like to see my plants before I buy. And I'll buy local when I need a mattress.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@banned again wrote:

Jill Bauer, former QVC program host, has announced that this Friday she will announce the product she will be representing on QVC. Upcoming home products include Scott Living Mattress TSV on Sunday and Home and Garden Event on 4/24. I'm guessing the Scott Brothers have declined to talk about their bed in a box all day this Sunday. 

@banned again  Where did Jill announce this? Or is this more of your QVC inside knowledge?

She posted yesterday on Instagram she would be making an announcement, but didn't give any details.