Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer’s Big Announcement???

if she does well in her 10/8 segment, maybe she can do one on Halloween decorating. 🎃

Contributor

SHE IS GOING TO BE ON THE TODAY SHOW TUESDAY AT 11 AM>

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maxxb1 wrote:

SHE IS GOING TO BE ON THE TODAY SHOW TUESDAY AT 11 AM>

@maxxb1   It's 10:00 a.m. EST.  She's in the third show, which is 10 - 11.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

From what I see on her JustJill page, I think she has nothing exciting to offer so far. She’s going to have to do more than this to keep followers.
Contributor

i saw her today on the today show.  showing how to arrange your refrigerator.

Respected Contributor

@Santoni wrote:

Organize a refrigerator?  Youve got to be kidding me.  Is this what NBC is passing as news ?  Bring back game shows and soap operas starting at 9am like they had in the 70s and 80s

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Santoni wrote:

Organize a refrigerator?  Youve got to be kidding me.  Is this what NBC is passing as news ?  Bring back game shows and soap operas starting at 9am like they had in the 70s and 80s

@Reever  I think the Today show is on for 3 or 4 hours. It has many different things on the show it is not just news. I don’t watch those morning shows but I do have an idea of the stories they show. As for me game shows and soap operas are just as boring as the morning shows like Today show.

I usually don’t turn on my tv until nighttime.

Respected Contributor

I just saw Jill's segment on the Today show site and I thought she was great. 

I have to admit I am not in need of refrigeration organization; however, I am not the only one watching.  I am sure there are many, many people out there who may not have all the years of learning that I have due to age and they may have learned something.

I very rarely watch morning tv but when I have I find they rush their segments along and it gets annoying with the host saying okay, we have two minutes left; okay, they are telling us to wind it up, etc.  Jill spoke concisely and quickly.  She got her ideas across in a timely manner and when she was introduced, they said she was a lifestyle expert.  I think that definitely left an opening for her to return with some more home tips.

I am very happy for her and I hope she does get invited back.

Super Contributor

I missed it but glad she is out there and hope she lands a regular gig soon.  I think she saw the writing on the wall with the changes at QVC and the elimination of 24 hour programming on the horizon.  I enjoyed her shows and a lot of what I saw on QVC over the years but I think the sun is setting on the shopping channel concept which I find sad, but younger people don’t shop this way.  I think a lot of familiar faces will be disappearing in the short term, luckily a lot of my favorites should have enough time in to retire.  HSN has already started “cleaning house” and now the time has come for the Q.  I see it becoming an all video enterprise with whatever people work cheap, part time, and contractual basis doing the presentation videos.  There will no longer be the concept of salesperson-customer relationship.  Heck, even car dealers are on the way out.  You can buy a car off a website and never deal with a salesman!

Contributor

I love your Plato quote.  Need to remember that when I’m feeling worn down by it all.