Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer’s Big Announcement???

Here's my view: I love that Jill has received this opportunity. I would say Jill's arrangement tops LR's so-called career since leaving QVC.

Super Contributor

Jill was on the Today show with Hoda explaining how to organize your refrigerator. It was informative, maybe, but nothing new. Jill can do more than that.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Do we know how old JIlli is ?  Is she old enough to retire ?  Many people do not have the funds to retire at that age. I have to believe she has socked some money away but a fiinancial advisor said that many people who retire in their 50s will wind up regretting it because some women are living well into their 90s and wind up exhausting their money supply.  

@Reevershe is 51.  I only know that because we are the same age and her b-day is the month after mine.   

Contributor

I saw her on the Today show last week, She was doing a segment about how  to organize your refrigerator better. I was shocked to see her. This may be her new gig.

Respected Contributor

I liked Jill on QVC, but had to laugh when she was introduced as a "lifestyle expert." And, again, so much for the old I'm-leaving-QVC-to-spend-more-time-with-my-family excuse.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The Today Show is a national audience, and a tremendous foot in the door, if Jill indeed wants a prominent TV presence to develop.

I'm sure her good friend Jill Martin put in a good word for her, since Jill Martin got her promotion to full-time contributor there.  Jill Bauer impresses me as someone who can surely hold her own.  Knowing people certainly helps, but making something out of an opportunity has to be earned.  I think Jill Bauer will do well.  

Today refrigerators; tomorrow whole home makeovers, like the Scott Brothers. Only time will tell. 

@Caaareful Shopper   I never cared for her home decorating tips.  They were always too predictable and symmetrical.  I think composition creates more interest than symmetry and she is such a symmetrical person.  I bet she has two of everything side-by-side in her fridge.  She would die if there were three and one was half-empty, doncha know?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I can't imagine that "refrigerator organization" is a topic for the Today Show.  Good for Jill,but I think it's further evidence of Today's decline.  Smiley Sad

@ValuSkr   Perhaps they are just looking for anything to distract from the Matt-Lauer/Harvey Weinstein debacle.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

For all of the Sneerers out there, the Today Show has in fact featured a story on how to fold a fitted sheet and has provided video how-to on its website from June 2017.

@Johnnyeager   I had thought the Today Show was about trying to forget Harvey Weinstein and Matt Lauer, having babies, drinking wine and/or adopting babies and drinking wine.

Respected Contributor

Yawn.

Hasn't this topic been beaten to death? IMO, it has. 

Frequent Contributor

nope.. She told us she was going to NY to do a segment on the Today Show.. She was very excited about it..