Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer’s Big Announcement???

Jill just announced that her TODAY Show appearance will be on this Tuesday morning, 10/8. Check your local listings for times in your area.

Respected Contributor

I liked Jill as a host because of her factual, non nonsense approach. Hopefully, she is enjoying her new life now. I just visited her Just Jill page and she had a pic of her in front of her alma mater this summer saying when she was a young journalism at U of Missouri, she dreamed of being on Today Show and that her dream has come true..I applaud her for the contacts that she has and the opportunity that she has received for this upcoming Tuesday show, but it just seemed a bit of a stretch to say that 30+ yrs later.. lol..
Honored Contributor

Well--good for her--but not going to affect my world in anyway----

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Jill posted today on Facebook that she'd be on the Today show on Tuesday.  I wonder, will this be a regular gig or just a one time appearance?

She hopes a regular gig.....I think it sounds like a SNOREFEST😴

Respected Contributor

i am happy for anyone who reaches a dream.

congrats to her!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

Do we know how old JIlli is ?  Is she old enough to retire ?  Many people do not have the funds to retire at that age. I have to believe she has socked some money away but a fiinancial advisor said that many people who retire in their 50s will wind up regretting it because some women are living well into their 90s and wind up exhausting their money supply.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Do we know how old JIlli is ?  Is she old enough to retire ?  Many people do not have the funds to retire at that age. I have to believe she has socked some money away but a fiinancial advisor said that many people who retire in their 50s will wind up regretting it because some women are living well into their 90s and wind up exhausting their money supply.  

@Reever  She does have a husband. I assume he works.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Why on earth are you so focused on other people's finances? What she does or doesn't have is her business and hers alone. I'm sorry if you find yourself in a place where money is tight, but constantly throwing rocks at those who have more really isn't flattering. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Contributor

She said she was going to be on the Today show on the Hoda & Jenna show on Tuesday.  Great!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

First, Jill did not retire.  Let's rehash this thing again!  She left QVC but never said she was retiring from work.

But even if she did, lots of people retire in the 50s.  If you are an aggressive saver in your 401k and/or IRA you could easily have accumulated a great amount.

Yes, Jill's husband has his own business and it is up and operating.  I'm sure Jill and her family are doing just fine financially.