Frequent Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer’s Big Announcement???

I sure agree with you about Jill's attitude......condescending, preachy and what gave her the impression she was such an authority on everything? I am glad she is no longer on the Q. I can't imagine she will find herself as a regular on the Today Show.

Super Contributor

I'm in the minority but I found Jill to be very artificial and that she very much wanted the viewers to know that the QVC stuff was good for US...but SHE had the real John hardy stuff, the expensive but ot necessarily fashionable clothes,  the beach house.   She couched it as a direct style--it was really a superior mindset.

So now she's using the viewers that she now calls "freinds" to help her leverage a gig on the Today show.  Good for her.  I hope she has success.  But  I don't think Jill is the  "girl next door" that people want to think she is.   

Esteemed Contributor

I really don’t care one way or the other
Respected Contributor

I think David Venable would be a suitable guest on the Today Show.  Jill is just too preachy.  Maybe she will lose that preachy quality now that she isnt pressured to sell.  Will be curious to see the segment.

Honored Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

I'm in the minority but I found Jill to be very artificial and that she very much wanted the viewers to know that the QVC stuff was good for US...but SHE had the real John hardy stuff, the expensive but ot necessarily fashionable clothes,  the beach house.   She couched it as a direct style--it was really a superior mindset.

So now she's using the viewers that she now calls "freinds" to help her leverage a gig on the Today show.  Good for her.  I hope she has success.  But  I don't think Jill is the  "girl next door" that people want to think she is.   

@srgtdj. All the hosts must push the QVC items for sale. That is their job! They make a good salary. Why shouldn’t they buy and live as they want? And a beach house is not all that. Many people who live near the beach have one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Jill had a demo of sheet folding on her QVC YHWJ show.   I didn't master it.

@Daysdee   I think she got that from Martha Stewart as she had that on one of her shows years ago !   So much for originally 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@MUO wrote:

I sure agree with you about Jill's attitude......condescending, preachy and what gave her the impression she was such an authority on everything? I am glad she is no longer on the Q. I can't imagine she will find herself as a regular on the Today Show.

@MUO   totally agree with  all you wrote !
Frequent Contributor

I didn’t find Jill condescending at all.  She presented products in a factual, no nonsense way.  Basically, that’s what you want when you are interested in a product.  I thought her basic demeanor was friendly.  On the other hand, I find it insulting to my intelligence that QVC thinks that the way some hosts act is interesting and entertaining.  

jill seems to be doing better than most hosts who leave QVC,  some just disappear into an ex-host abyss...never to be heard from again.  Others limp through new projects that seem to go nowhere.

Esteemed Contributor

The best way to organize your refridgerator, is to not buy any food.  This works well for me.  Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

Jill posted today on Facebook that she'd be on the Today show on Tuesday.  I wonder, will this be a regular gig or just a one time appearance?