Honored Contributor

Re: Jill B and David V = live Facebook chat Thursday

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Reever wrote:

I was surprised to hear so many people say we are losing a member of the family and equated this to a death. I feel some viewers have become TOO attached over the years.

I almost spilled my coffee.  @Reever you of all people are passing judgement on those too attached to the Q?  You have a veritable boatload of posts about Dan Hughes being the epitome of manhood and how he can do absolutely no wrong at anything in life. 

Morning chuckle.  Glass houses.  

@Caaareful Shopper, gotta love it.  LOL

@Johnnyeager, I'm shocked that Colleen hasn't gotten back to her.  Not!

Honored Contributor

I found it fascinating that QVC was started by The Franklin Mint.  David mentioned that about halfway through.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl and @NickNack,  You're welcome!😊   The story about "hand mixing" the cake batter made me laugh, too!    It would be fun to know more of the stories those two friends could tell about their experiences.    @GingerPeach,   I was surprised to hear David's remark about the Franklin Mint.    A bit of trivia I didn't know, and it does shed a light on the reason for all the collectibles offered by the Q for so many years.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  The Franklin Mint was a really big deal in the Concordville area, along with WaWa Dairies.  Many were surprised when the Mint closed as they employed so many people.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I think that photo was taken several years ago. Both Jill and DV have slimmer faces in that photo.

Yes...I thought there were a few pounds missing in that picture! 😄

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's a great picture, regardless if there are a "few pounds missing" from the photo compared to today's appearance. How tacky. Really, Must we always make a dig? Good luck to Jill. I'm sure she'll do extremely well in whatever endeavor she chooses.😄