Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry Shows have gone down hill.

I don’t buy much good jewelry anymore.  I gave most of what my late husband bought me to my daughters when he died.

With that in mind I almost didn’t respond to that...but what the hay...I stick my nose where it doesn’t belong.

I agree that the jewelry is way too expensive for what they’re offering.

It’s as if QVC hasn’t gotten through their heads, jewelry must be amazing for someone to buy it without touching it.

I got some amazing jewelry over the years from QVC and HSN....

The jewelry I saw recently doesn’t even come up to OK.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I don't watch as many jewelry shows on Q as I used to watch.  Part of it is because I'm just not attracted to the merchandise.  I guess I started feeling that way when they began pitching all that bronze.  Lately when I've tuned in or watched an online jewelry video, it seems to take them forever to actually show someone wearing the item.  I like to get an idea of what a ring, bracelet, necklace, or pair of earrings will look like when worn, and they can make me wait a long time while they go on and on about personal stories, where one might wear it, etc.  

@wildcat fan 

Part of the problem seems to be the host/vendor are showing the "only sample they have available" so I guess no extra for models to wear.....(according to what they say)......With a couple pieces the vendor put the sample on to give viewers an idea of how it would look when worn....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The selection QVC is bringing to their jewelry shows is only for a VERY LIMITED customer and audience, the majority of us are looking for more AFFORDABLE pieces rather than getting a finance plan under QVC's high interest rate Q-Card.....Jewelry sales at QVC have been in decline for many many years now, yet QVC Execs JUST DONT GET IT!!!  And there ARE more affordable options out there .......

And I am so tired of the same ole chains as the TSV and as @Kachina624 pointed out QVC seems to be way behind in gemstone and today's jewelry trends ....The stuff from the Italian factories seems to ALWAYS be the same ole style .....and I am NOT impressed with Imperial Gold, nor Diamonque, nor Affinity---Im not so into diamonds, nor over the top styles....I want stuff I can wear every day.....The last pieces of jewelry I bought was from JAI and Orpaz ---leaning more told silver jewelry these days instead of gold or gold plated.....Silver jewelry has more unique designs and are more affordable....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I’m a typical Gen-X suburban soccer mom. None of my friends is into fine jewelry. The fanciest jewelry most of us wear outside of a wedding set is an Apple Watch.
Regular Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I’m a typical Gen-X suburban soccer mom. None of my friends is into fine jewelry. The fanciest jewelry most of us wear outside of a wedding set is an Apple Watch.

@RollTide2008 I digress but how about that black tie affair that Susan Graver jewelery that all of the women are raving about? Not..lollollol 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan  The bronzo! I couldn’t care less if it was a cooked process that was all bronzo, whatever that is; it’s another form of base metal. I’d rather they offered good costume jewelry for what it is than try to convince us bronzo had some worth. Too many complained about it turning odd colors for me to even try it.

I have a jewelry chest full of lovely silver that I bought from the original silver style shows. So I’m not saying that QVC hasn't sold affordable beautiful jewelry, but the shift to designer jewelry priced me out of the game and the few silver style shows they resurrected were uninspired.

Super Contributor

I have been a QVC customer for 30 years. Back in the old days the jewelry was gold and silver and substantial. Nowadays it's gold or platinum clad and flimsy. it looks cheap. On the other hand, the designer pieces are mostly over priced. Especially the sterling silver. Gold is through the roof though, everywhere you shop. QVC seems to bring on the pricest pieces, however. Things most of us can't afford. But they must have an audience for the expensive stuff or they wouldn't sell it. Real gemstones are at a premium at the Q too. I can find much more affordable pieces elsewhere. I am mostly disappointed in the new Diamonique stuff which used to be unique to the network. i loved it years ago, the settings were unique and artistic. I have rings from 30 years ago that look like real diamonds..I've had jewelers think they were.Today the Diamonique looks all the same. Halo, Halo and more Halo's. And the clad technique they use and huge carat sizes make it look fake. On the plus side their prices are variable from affordable to expensive. And that's how QVC should operate... offering all of us a variety of jewelry that appeals to all price ranges with better quality being their goal. 

Honored Contributor

I discovered Sarraf dotcom a few years ago.  Their gold prices are always less per gram than Q sale prices.  You know exactly what you're buying, gram weight, etc, from the info online. Their service and products are outstanding.  

Respected Contributor

I've never been into luxury, one-of-a-kind jewerly. I don't own any real diamonds, most of my real gems are garnets, my birth stone. And I'm one that doesn't wear a lot of pieces or like the big, showy pieces. I wear a watch, earrings, and one or two rings and that's it. I just don't think most working-middle class people, especially people in their 40's and younger, are interested in having a large collection of expensive jewelry and prefer to shop for it in person if they do. 

ShopHQ does a ton of jewelry shows and I find a majority of what they offer is more interesting, but again, it's something I don't gravitate to to buy. 

Regular Contributor

Bad enough there is gold over bronze and silver but this 1% gold?????? I had to laugh at the prices! Oy vey! I could flip over to JTV and buy 10k gold earrings for the price they were selling this 1% gold at! I don't mean to disrespect those of you who like it. I realize the price of gold has gone thru the roof in the past 10 years. Kudos to all of us who bought the "real deal" at affordable prices. I purchased a Saduza bracelet, 14k gold for $75.00 at HSN and it is 12 grams of solid gold but that was 18 years ago! Ahhh the good old day!