Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jewelry Shows have gone down hill.

@Spurt I agree, they are trying to sell to a very limited group of people willing to pay high end prices PLUS IMO most of the designs are the same over and over and boring. I look in my jewelry box and I have silver pieces that I bought years ago from QVC that are unique and were not silly expensive. I wear them often but I buy very little these days due to the boring designs and overpricing.

I have some gold rings that are in my safety deposit box - one is a big honking blue topaz that there is NO way I can ever wear. I've been thinking of taking it to a jeweler and seeing if he can make it into a pendant. I might actually wear it then.

My favorite rings to wear these days are the ones I purchased from Hagit's line (again some years ago) and one I bought from Barbara Bixby's line that although it is a larger ring is comfortable to wear.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry Shows have gone down hill.

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt I agree, they are trying to sell to a very limited group of people willing to pay high end prices PLUS IMO most of the designs are the same over and over and boring. I look in my jewelry box and I have silver pieces that I bought years ago from QVC that are unique and were not silly expensive. I wear them often but I buy very little these days due to the boring designs and overpricing.

I have some gold rings that are in my safety deposit box - one is a big honking blue topaz that there is NO way I can ever wear. I've been thinking of taking it to a jeweler and seeing if he can make it into a pendant. I might actually wear it then.

My favorite rings to wear these days are the ones I purchased from Hagit's line (again some years ago) and one I bought from Barbara Bixby's line that although it is a larger ring is comfortable to wear.

@GinaV24 

ITA...

and do like Hagit's line, havent seen her in ages although there's a few pieces on the website....And I do like Or Paz, and JAI, and Carolyn Pollack's earrings the non-western styles....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”