Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Coffey...what’s the scoop? daughter school/moving

@Mj12 wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

A couple of days ago one of our local talk radio personalities brought up the topic of the "encouragement" from the powers-that-be (owners/management of the radio station) who aren't shy about wanting the on-air talent to be active in social media as much as possible and with personal pix or detailed updates.   He didn't go so far to say it would make or break an employee, but in other cases I've read that it's part of the contract.   That's why I've become hesitant to criticize on-air personalities about this, because they might be required to be social-media prominent.   

Hi @dooBdoo Heart I agree, it's all QVC driven IMO.  I wish they didn't require it.  (and while they may not technically require it, they strongly encourage it).

Hi, back atcha, @Mj12.❤️   I agree with you -- I wish it wasn't required or strongly encouraged but I'm pretty sure by now it's sort of a standard expectation.   I understand why it makes people uneasy (makes me uneasy, too), and I only can hope the on-air employees have the best security measures in place.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I believe she  divorced many years ago and started out living here in Austin, Texas.  Had a clothing store for awhile I think before she auditioned for the Q.  Her daughter should be about college age by now so probably just going off to school.

@beckyb1012

Not Austin, .....she was in San Antonio...........

• Kimberly Scott (sitting) and Jennifer Coffey are gathering together their public relations and social media marketing skills and experience into a brand new PR firm, Coffey Scott Inc.Courtesy photo

Kimberly Scott (sitting) and Jennifer Coffey are gathering together their public relations and social media marketing skills and experience into a brand new PR firm, Coffey Scott Inc.

“Kim and I have been coaching businesses, conducting seminars and writing on the topics of public relations and social media for some time. So the creation of Coffey Scott was a natural ‘next step' in our professional evolution.”

A University of New Orleans graduate with 10 years in the San Antonio area, Jennifer Coffey is the public relations director. She delved into social media several years ago as she began using outlets such as Twitter and Facebook to publicize her chain of four women's boutiques.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/community/north_central/news/article/Local-businesswomen-are-experts-in...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@jackthebearshe and Jill Bauer, I cringed when I heard JB said she would let us all know where her daughter was going to college. Either these people are naive , arrogant or stupid, pick one!

i'm going for the Trifecta!

Respected Contributor

Re: Jennifer Coffey...interesting background (title edited)

I have no idea what you mean. Why are you sending her good wishes? Your post said nothing. "interesting background?"

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@jackthebearshe and Jill Bauer, I cringed when I heard JB said she would let us all know where her daughter was going to college. Either these people are naive , arrogant or stupid, pick one!

I don't think Jill B will "let us all know " this, was just saying that 

Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Coffey...interesting background (title edited)

[ Edited ]

@Spurt

Thank you for the link!

@libbyannE

I edited the title...yes, I am sending her good wishes.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~