Honored Contributor

Jennifer Coffey...interesting background (title edited)

[ Edited ]

I am sending good luck 🍀 wishes for her full and busy life!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Coffey...what’s the scoop? daughter school/moving

I heard JC mention on air quite a few times that she is so busy because she just sold her house and is moving into something smaller. Evidently she does not need the space since her kid will not be living at home anymore. That's all I've heard.

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1  I have no idea about JC, I thought she was single.

But.........I do love your Cheshire Cat avatar.   Smiley Happy

th.jpg

Honored Contributor

Looks like she posted some info on her Facebook page.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ@roxxy1@blackhole99

Thank you all for your replies!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

As another single mother, it is possible that she is downsizing to make it easier to handle the newfound expense of college tuition, room and board and travel if DD's college is at a distance.

Honored Contributor

Is anyone else uneasy when people share their living situation so publicly, especially a person in the media like Jen.  

she does not need to let the viewers know this much info. 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Is anyone else uneasy when people share their living situation so publicly, especially a person in the media like Jen.  

she does not need to let the viewers know this much info. 

I "follow" local weather people on FB because they will post immediately when there is a change of weather, I'm not always near a TV or radio and I live in tornado & hurricane country.   I also follow a couple of local news people for similar reasons, if there is serious breaking news, they will post right away.

But they also post almost every minute of their lives as well.   Birthdays, graduations, where they ate for dinner etc.   But I guess that's all part of being a "celebrity" or a  public "personality".   You have to keep a presence in public for your success. 

Kinda sad.   I couldn't live that way

I've un-followed a couple of them.  I don't care what you put in your coffee.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A couple of days ago one of our local talk radio personalities brought up the topic of the "encouragement" from the powers-that-be (owners/management of the radio station) who aren't shy about wanting the on-air talent to be active in social media as much as possible and with personal pix or detailed updates.   He didn't go so far to say it would make or break an employee, but in other cases I've read that it's part of the contract.   That's why I've become hesitant to criticize on-air personalities about this, because they might be required to be social-media prominent.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo.  Don't you remember for a long time, the hosts just begged people to "like" them on Facebook?  You got the feeling it was a factor on their performance reviews.  I think you're right, employees in the public eye are encouraged to participate on social media.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment