Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Coffey...what’s the scoop? daughter school/moving

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624@dooBdoo@software@jackthebear@queendiva

Thank you all for your replies.

I may have gotten my info from FB and it was rather accidental.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Is anyone else uneasy when people share their living situation so publicly, especially a person in the media like Jen.  

she does not need to let the viewers know this muc

===================================================

I agree. I'm really apalled, sometimes, at the way the hosts blab personal information because most of us don't care and it's also a security issue. I don't think I've posted more than 1 or 2 pictures and while I do share of my life events, I don't mention things like, what hospital I had to put my sister in, what's wrong with her, etc.

I think people who give out personal information like that on social media should think twice; it could be that because of it, they're going to be "sharing" information how their house got burglurized, their identity stolent, etc.

Honored Contributor

I believe she  divorced many years ago and started out living here in Austin, Texas.  Had a clothing store for awhile I think before she auditioned for the Q.  Her daughter should be about college age by now so probably just going off to school.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Is anyone else uneasy when people share their living situation so publicly, especially a person in the media like Jen.  

she does not need to let the viewers know this much info. 

I think it may be because of QVC wanting their hosts to "share." I remember even the most minute details were posted when a show host got married. Even inside the church was posted....

Honored Contributor

I like when they share things with the viewers.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

she does not need to let the viewers know this much info. 

@jackthebear yes I am, and when people ask about it.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

A couple of days ago one of our local talk radio personalities brought up the topic of the "encouragement" from the powers-that-be (owners/management of the radio station) who aren't shy about wanting the on-air talent to be active in social media as much as possible and with personal pix or detailed updates.   He didn't go so far to say it would make or break an employee, but in other cases I've read that it's part of the contract.   That's why I've become hesitant to criticize on-air personalities about this, because they might be required to be social-media prominent.   

Hi @dooBdoo Heart I agree, it's all QVC driven IMO.  I wish they didn't require it.  (and while they may not technically require it, they strongly encourage it).

Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Coffey...interesting background (title edited)

@AuntG@Trinity11

It’s like they “belong” to us, the public, and really, that is not fair.

Heaven forbid if I ever had to share my life with the media/public.

However, there are certain very strong, self-made women who intrigue me such as Meghan Markle, Jennifer Coffey, Tessa Virtue...to name a few.

Having a daughter who is now in her 30’s, I am finding out about successful, self-made women —their autobiographies and their rise to success in life.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@jackthebearshe and Jill Bauer, I cringed when I heard JB said she would let us all know where her daughter was going to college. Either these people are naive , arrogant or stupid, pick one!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dooBdoo.  Don't you remember for a long time, the hosts just begged people to "like" them on Facebook?  You got the feeling it was a factor on their performance reviews.  I think you're right, employees in the public eye are encouraged to participate on social media.

Yes, I remember, @Kachina624.    I think most of us now are aware it's something that's required or expected by the employers.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova