Trusted Contributor

Most models QVC has now are either 5'9 or plus size.  I like to see the items on smaller hosts because that gives me more of an idea what it will look like on me.  It doesn't take Jen or Amy long to change and the presentation is still going on while they do.  I adore Jen and she cannot be compared to Susan Graver in the talking department.  

Super Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I don't know why the hosts scramble to put everything on when there are models.  Everything but swimsuits & bras that is.

I don't mind the hosts trying things on and showing us, but what bugs me is that the camera stays on the hosts who are checking themselves out in the monitor and we barely get a glimpse of the real models! Drives me crazy...

Respected Contributor

Re: Jen, Susan G

[ Edited ]

@misschristy wrote:

Most models QVC has now are either 5'9 or plus size.  I like to see the items on smaller hosts because that gives me more of an idea what it will look like on me.  It doesn't take Jen or Amy long to change and the presentation is still going on while they do.  I adore Jen and she cannot be compared to Susan Graver in the talking department.  

Uh, from all the shows I've watched most all the hosts are (at least they say they are) an XXS.  Amy in particular says she's an XXS and size 0.   A  ZERO!

Esteemed Contributor

@MM13 wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

I don't know why the hosts scramble to put everything on when there are models.  Everything but swimsuits & bras that is.

I don't mind the hosts trying things on and showing us, but what bugs me is that the camera stays on the hosts who are checking themselves out in the monitor and we barely get a glimpse of the real models! Drives me crazy...

Bingo!!! Especially AS, wants all the attention on her instead of the models. I really don't know why they havw models anymore.And the jerky way AS does her modeling. She's jerking all over....

Super Contributor

@febe1 

I don't mind AS because I think she tries to get the models (plus her, of course) into the 3 way box as much as she can. I was referring more to Jen C and Kerstin. I feel like when Jen C does the Isaac or Susan Graver, she tries to divert the camera off the model and onto her. Ugh.

Valued Contributor

Having another person modeling (host) is not a bad thing. I find its a good thing to have another sized person to compare with.  

Valued Contributor

@misschristy - totally in agreement with you.  I find that most of the models these days are plus size and its hard for me to judge what the item would look like on me.

Valued Contributor

@KKJ  - Uh...Miss Christy is correct.  The hosts offer a smaller size comparison vs the models who are mostly plus sized. 

@misschristy  

Esteemed Contributor

@Gkhm wrote:

They are both too busy trying not to let the other one talk more than they do.

Susan has met her match with JC. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PatriciaG wrote:

Having another person modeling (host) is not a bad thing. I find its a good thing to have another sized person to compare with.  

How many of us can compare ourselves to the model Kateeya. I mean in heels she must be six foot something and weighs 90 lbs. Does the Q not show us petite and average models b/c they know it causes loss of sales? There's many things I've seen on AS that convinced me not to buy.