Trusted Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown really changed her hair style!

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's called a 'butch cut' for a reason b/c it looks masculine. 

@SilleeMee exactly who calls it that?

@Love to Run 

That is an actual name of a style of haircut. Also called a 'brush cut' by some. 

@SilleeMee 

https://menshaircuts.com/butch-cut/

"To make sure you know exactly what is a butch haircut, here is a quick definition. A butch cut hairstyle is a short male cut featuring the hair of an even length all over your head. Because it takes origins from the army, its length is usually extremely short. You can also complement it with an undercut or a fade for a more contrasty and defined look."

Again, this is not Jayne's haircut. She has a "taper haircut".

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@Love to Run 

I know what it is and depending on where you go that cut can be done differently by whoever is cutting your hair. I was a military brat for my entire youth and I've seen all kinds of cuts for men and women in the service.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Love to Run 

I know what it is and depending on where you go that cut can be done differently by whoever is cutting your hair. I was a military brat for my entire youth and I've seen all kinds of cuts for men and women in the service.

@SilleeMee Silly me, I guess your experience viewing haircuts makes you an expert. Smiley LOL

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

LOL! I also live in a military town, too...guess that makes me a super-expert.Smiley LOL @Love to Run 

Trusted Contributor

LOVING her new doo!  Looks sooo much better than that hair piece she was wearing (the bun on top of her head).  Way to go Jayne Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

It works for her but, grey hair notwithstanding, it doesn't flatter her pretty face. In my opinion, of course. 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I agree that her hair looks great and that she has a beautiful face.  I do think, however, the gray ages her and she'd look younger if she'd color it.  

@Citrine1    Why should she want to look younger?  I'm sure she has earned every year she owns.  I'd call this "age shaming".

Mine is proudly silver white and I love it that way.  Have no desire to look younger, although I wouldn't mind feeling younger.

Agree would like to feel younger ,not as much as looking younger I  accept my age.

Have been able to accept  when   those strands  started to come in.Didn't think I would but  I kept thinking you earn each one,leave them alone,stop coloring .

Today  I have almost a  full head of beautiful white,platinum hair.,Could never had gotten this color years ago from a bottle,when I wanted it..So sometimes nature can be right..

Think Jayne looks youthful with that hair style,and happy to see she also accepts the shimmer that is popping through.

Trusted Contributor

Not many older women look like Christie Brinkley or Jane Seymour.  Long hair on a typical woman of a certain age is not the most flattering look.  If she has really good hair, though, I can understand her reluctance to cut it.

If I had the facial features, I would wear my hair short but not as short as Jayne.  I just wouldn't feel very feminine.  I compromise with a chin length smooth bob.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee Calling it "butch" may apply to women in some groups; as a reflection of their sexiual orientation/ gender identity.  However, it is a popular haircut for many Black women and has been for decades.  I have a variation of that style now. Not everyone wants long hair.

Trusted Contributor

@Leggett28 Not all women with short hair want that for other women or men.  Wear your  hair the way you wish.  Unfortunately,some of us are waiting for state and federal laws that enable us to wear our hair the way we wish without negative responses such as a coach or teaching cutting a student's hair; a coach not allowing a player to wear a swim cap developed for textured hair, or not getting a job because we wear our hair the way it grows on our heads.