Trusted Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown really changed her hair style!

[ Edited ]

If Jayne is happy with her hair that's all that matters, she is a beautiful woman inside and out.

Honored Contributor

She cut it really short, I think because she's letting the gray grow out.  It looks good on her.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Jayne has a pretty face; however, I think her short gray hair makes her look ten years older. Not many people have such perfect features to wear hair like that, and youth can do it where older women not so much.

Valued Contributor

That haircut looks too masculine to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I agree that her hair looks great and that she has a beautiful face.  I do think, however, the gray ages her and she'd look younger if she'd color it.  

@Citrine1 

The grey ages her HOW? And she'd look younger than WHAT?

She is going on 60 she is mature and most people 60 have some grey hair.  What looks bad is coloring  to cover and hide the grey....looks  so FAKE and OBVIOUS.  Like you are Trying too hard.  

@SeaMaiden I'm just wondering what makes coloring your hair look "fake"?  Is it the quality of the color job?  Maybe some do look bad.  However for the most part hair stylists today do wonderful color and the products tend to reflect that. 

As for me, I'm 68 and get my hair highlighted 2x a year.  Last year I only had it done in March and by the time the following March came around all of my highlights had been cut & grown out. 

Since that's the only color I get by the time the highlights had grown out my hair was almost a solid black....much too dark & severe so I went back to highlights in April.  I need that brightness around the face.  Makes a huge difference.....but I'm not trying to fool anyone as to what my age is.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of very short hair on an older woman.  I think you need to have perfect features....strong cheek bones, perfect neck and jaw line (as only a younger woman has).

Jayne is a beautiful woman but I don't think the hairstyle is the most flattering on her.  However it doesn't look bad, I just think her hair was more becoming a bit longer.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use to wear my hair short but not as short as Jayne.   When covid came I let it grow and started coloring at home.

I wear it longer than I use to and have received more compliments on my new length.  I think it looks better too.  I like my color better as well.  Doesn't last as long as when I had it professionally done but it was always way too dark before.

Change can be good sometimes.

My sister in law let hers go and decided to cut it up again and she looks better in shorter hair and we agree I look better with longer.  She went natural but I can't go there yet.

Honored Contributor

I preferred her in longer hair because I think it flattered her face more, and it balanced out her body type.  However, she is a very attractive woman and her new do looks fine.

Super Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I preferred her in longer hair because I think it flattered her face more, and it balanced out her body type.  However, she is a very attractive woman and her new do looks fine.

Totally agree.  

Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Super Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I think Jayne has a pretty face; however, I think her short gray hair makes her look ten years older. Not many people have such perfect features to wear hair like that, and youth can do it where older women not so much.

Let's face it, youth can get by with anything!