Honored Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown really changed her hair style!

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Holy Cow!  Why does anyone care how someone wears their hair?  Long, short, inbetween!  This discussion has turned silly.

@Imaoldhippieyes it has, as most of the threads do now.  It's ridiculous. .

Maybe you will will be glad when QVC shuts down the forums for good @gidgetgh .

@San Antonio Gal - no, actually I wish they would return to a more friendly place to post. Where people aren't on the attack in each and every thread.  Looking for reasons to pounce and be cruel. There is a difference between voicing an opinion and being over the top.  I try to remember that we are really invited guests here and try to act accordingly. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee Thanks for the clarification.  Jayne's style is popular among many Black women in texturized or natural forms.  We typically do not refer to it as "butch."  It is one of many styles that reflect individuality and group aesthetics.  Butch does have a definitive connotation that is a part of Sappho cultures, e.g. the Latina woman in Grey's Anatomy who is and plays a different orientation.  See these styles online with a term such as women's butch haircuts.  I'm mindful that a subgroup of gay women wear the styles.

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Super short! Looks like a pixi. Looks great on her! 

Jayne is still a lovely woman, but she got some bad advice on that hair cut.

Trusted Contributor

Looks very nice on her and probably a lot eazier to care for in the Summer.

It does look like Alberti's cut and shorter than Rachael's cut.   

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I agree that her hair looks great and that she has a beautiful face.  I do think, however, the gray ages her and she'd look younger if she'd color it.  

@Citrine1 

The grey ages her HOW? And she'd look younger than WHAT?

She is going on 60 she is mature and most people 60 have some grey hair.  What looks bad is coloring  to cover and hide the grey....looks  so FAKE and OBVIOUS.  Like you are Trying too hard.  

WRONG!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's called a 'butch cut' for a reason b/c it looks masculine. 

What a lovely comment.  How nice to see women being supportive of another woman.  

I'm not supporting or dissing anyone. I was simply stating a fact.

@SilleeMee I'm confused. You said it's called a "butch" haircut because of it's use in the military (perhaps you meant "buzz cut"), and you told @Zernia Rose that you implied no gender or orientation connotations. Yet here you clearly state you chose that term because you think it looks masculine. I call bs.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love to Run 

I'm sorry if I have offended you, or anyone else.  Please have a nice day.

ETA-

I might add...personally it doesn't matter what kind of haircut someone wears. There's nothing right, wrong, good or bad with any of it.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Holy Cow!  Why does anyone care how someone wears their hair?  Long, short, inbetween!  This discussion has turned silly.

@Imaoldhippieyes it has, as most of the threads do now.  It's ridiculous. .

Maybe you will will be glad when QVC shuts down the forums for good @gidgetgh .

@San Antonio Gal - no, actually I wish they would return to a more friendly place to post. Where people aren't on the attack in each and every thread.  Looking for reasons to pounce and be cruel. There is a difference between voicing an opinion and being over the top.  I try to remember that we are really invited guests here and try to act accordingly. 

@gidgetgh Well said!  

I have found that those who  are consistently on the attack and ready to pounce and/or be cruel, rude or nasty, enjoy hiding behind anonymity.  You see, anonymity makes the cowardly brave, the ignorant geniuses, and the unhappy vindictive. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Jayne is a beautiful lady and looks great with her new 'do.  Not everyone looks good with a shorter cut.  It's becoming on her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fact - Grey hair makes one look their age or older.  Nothing wrong with looking your age or older.