Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown really changed her hair style!

I'm from the other camp - - not a fan at all.  It is a man cut.

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I'm from the other camp - - not a fan at all.  It is a man cut.

@fthunt It's a short haircut on natural kinky hair, it's not a "man cut". There's nothing about Jayne Brown that looks like a man. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Women with Jayne's defined bone structure (high cheekbones) and lovely features  can wear a shorter hair style and look quite beautiful. 

The passé idea that short hair on women is masculine is clearly just that...passé.

Respected Contributor

Jayne is one of my favorite hosts.  Love her cut, and she is always professional, and can laugh and have fun, and give us all the details. 

You really look fabulous Jayne!  

Honored Contributor

It's called a 'butch cut' for a reason b/c it looks masculine. 

Honored Contributor

Her hair looks great. I always keep mine short as I think older women with long hair look not very stylish.

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella 

I also like her laugh. Such a lovely woman.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, i am in the minority. I think if she wore her hair like this before and suddenly she colored it and grew it out, people would be raving how young and vibrant she looks. Im soon to be 57, i know that i look much yonger than that because i color gray hair and have since i was 22. Maybe when i retire ill let it go. 

Trusted Contributor

The short hair (very masculine) and the grey hair DEFINITELY ages her. She looks a LOT older. I'm NOT and NEVER have been a fan of short hair.

Respected Contributor

It's so funny (IMO) older women that have short hair think all women over a certain age should have short hair. I have long hair and I think it looks good. My husband loves it. Look at some of the older celebrities, Christie Brinkley, Jane Seymour,Cher, and Jacklyn Smith just to name a few. I'm sure they wouldn't think of cutting their hair.