Trusted Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown is a gem

[ Edited ]

Love Jayne Brown,  Just shows you can be classy and an effective host without all the foolishness that the nightly prime time hosts portray.

Esteemed Contributor

She is great.....so funny, down to earth, just a truly enjoyable host..............................

Honored Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown is a gem

[ Edited ]

I remember very early one morning in 1999 I was on my exercise bike and Jayne was hosting, she used to be behind the scenes at the Q. As a big surprise her hubby walked on the set with flowers for her, and he told her that her apprenticeship was over, and she was just made a full fledged host, it was so exciting for her. 

Respected Contributor

She's terrific - doesn't take herself so seriously either.

Valued Contributor

100% agree, Jayne is a treasure. She is calm and collected and absolutely drama free. 

Honored Contributor

I think the reason Jayne continuously over the years gets kudos and great feedback from the audience is because she makes her presentations with emphasis on the products being sold.....not all about HER. 

The few times I have tuned in to actually watch QVC, it has become more about the show host's desire to look in the monitor and impress the audience. Often little to no information is given about the product being sold necessitating going to the website. Thus my lack of interest in viewing live presentations.

Super Contributor

AND, she is a great artist, too!  

Super Contributor

I've always enjoyed Jayne. I believe she said she was a buyer for Quaker Factory and another Q clothing line (can't remember which) when her coworkers kept telling her that she'd be a great host. So when the call went out for host tryouts she got in line and did an on the spot interview and got the job!

Remember when new hosts broke in by doing over-nights? Yikes, that must have been hard!

Honored Contributor

I love her sense of humor. She never bores me.