Regular Contributor
True. But I would rather have a piece of turquoise that is stabilized without dye or pieces glued together to make one big rock, but too each their own! Read the description when you purchase and it will tell you if the stone is composite or just stabilized and dyed or just dyed and stabilized.
Regular Contributor
I should have typed I would rather have a piece of turquoise that was just stabilized not dyed then a composite glued together stone! Smiley Wink
Regular Contributor
@millieshops if you want a large turquoise stone that isn't composite the shopping channels have them. Just make sure you read the description before you buy or where it says details. It will tell you how the stone has been treated.
Honored Contributor

@catnappurrGlad to hear those buying today still have decent choices.   I wear some very good turquoise and some composite -  depends upon the design of what I was buying (I pretty much wear what I own nowadays). I have beautiful solid pieces and some pretty ones that are definitely of the costume sort.  

As long as we know what we're buying but also why we're buying what we're choosing, both work well, imo.

Regular Contributor
Yes I agree with you and I know all the shopping channels disclose what we are buying! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@catnappurr.  Unfortunately Jay King sold composite on HSN for a long time before they posted anything on the descriptions.  To this day, I've never heard him mention it.  It was the customer who noticed it and stsrted asking questions, then overnight they became honest.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor
You're right! I have never heard him mention the word.