Esteemed Contributor

I am so happy Jason Wu is in the Q.  I love many of his designs and he is clearly putting effort in the line, but I have not bought anything yet because of the materials.  Mostly polyester, and now rayon-span.  I would like to see more natural and quality fabrics incorporated in his line.  I have bought rayon span and it stretches and pills terribly, and I have to really like something to choose that.  Would rather have at least some cotton and modal blends.

Occasional Contributor

I wished i likes the line but im plus size i ordered the spring collection and returned it, didnt lay right Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor
I have two dresses from a previous show of his. They are wonderful, the fabric, and quality is impeccable.
He seems like a really great guy. Love his stories.
Esteemed Contributor

Jason Wu is a great addition to the Q. He's actually what Isaac USED to be. He's young, creative and has a wish to bring fashion to all women. He's interesting with reasonable prices and nipping at Isaac's heels. Jason might bring Isaac back to reality and start actually doing something with his line. Also with Susan Graver's line, which should realize she can't go on cosing more for her staid, old designs than the new, fresh, young Jason. 

Trusted Contributor

I loved Jason who seems modest and fun.  Katrina ruines it.  Too much throwing around names in the fashion industry and her history and contacts with the magazine.  Fast talking but not about the item from her.  I had to turn her off and watch other presentations.  We'll see how she does with D&C's TSV which she is listed for.

Trusted Contributor

The show was lacking because of Katrina bragging about her knowledge of the fashion industry.  Jason is great.   

Trusted Contributor

I like polyester blends.  They aren't hot to me.  The blends make them wonderful.   Linen and cotton lovers can have their ironing boards.  Although there are some cottons (Isaac's PIMA and even his essentials) that don't wrinkle or can be smoothed out.  I also like some rayon spandex blends.  It does depend on the quality of the rayon and cotton.  Lands End has preshrunk cotton t-shirts in darling patterns this year.  I bought three.  You need to expand your horizons.

Honored Contributor

I did not find Katrina bragging at all.  To me, it was finally having someone with first-hand experience with actual fashion designers, design houses, fashion magazines, and stylists.  That's her background, that's why she was hired.  Why shouldn't she talk about it?  Please, and thank you.

I absolutely loved her sharing her experience, and being able to relate that to an expert designer who can also appreciate it.  Their rapport was so refreshing.

I am so over it with the silly imaginary stories of Marge or anyone else.  Finally an intelligent conversation about fashion.  Imagine that.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Jason Wu is a great addition to the Q. He's actually what Isaac USED to be. He's young, creative and has a wish to bring fashion to all women. He's interesting with reasonable prices and nipping at Isaac's heels. Jason might bring Isaac back to reality and start actually doing something with his line. Also with Susan Graver's line, which should realize she can't go on cosing more for her staid, old designs than the new, fresh, young Jason. 

I actually think Isaac's line is pretty decent in terms of quality.  Most of the fashions, however, don't fit/flatter my body, too much straight up and down and I am short and curvy.  But I don't think Isaac himself has any plans to come "back to reality".  He was a prodigy fashion designer but doesn't like the business, he perceives himself as an entertainer and is constantly loooking for entertainment opportunities.  He has said this in interviews.  There is a reason he sits at his piano during presentations.  

Isaac went to the New York City's High School of Performing Arts, the one in the movie Fame, which was filmed when he was attending and he had a part in it.  So that was his first love before going to the Parsons School of Design for college and becoming a fashion prodigy.

Trusted Contributor

I agree about Isaac.  I have always loved the quality of his clothes, especially his Pima tops.  But his designs have become somewhat  stale  and very few "New" items are presented. His last show, the only new as I recall were sweaters.  I live in Az, and we are heading to 112 plus temps.